Board index Adding Muscle

Adding Muscle

Home-made Kettlebells?

Topics related to losing 100+ pounds, ab exercises that actually work and Occam’s Protocol.

Home-made Kettlebells?

Postby jfj33 » June 26th, 2011, 4:43 pm

Hi all,

Just wondering, has anyone come across this video? If so, have any of you tried to make one, and if so, is it useable? ... =9&t=57435

Careful - the soundtrack probably isn't suitable for work or family, but the content of the video is what counts - feel free to turn off audio if you want to, as there's no dialogue.

If you can't access the youtube video from the page, there's a note underneath with some details on how they created their kettlebells.

I was thinking of having a go at this (KBs seem ridiculously expensive for what they are), and it seems a bit easier than trying to track down the appropriate bits for Tim's home-made KB at my local hardware store.

Any thoughts? Better or worse than Tim's solution?

Thanks in advance, J

Re: Home-made Kettlebells?

Postby justhamade » June 30th, 2011, 7:08 pm

I like that better. Brian at 4HB Zone did a bulgarian bag, I still have to do that.
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at

Postby jfj33 » July 1st, 2011, 5:58 pm

Awesome, love it!

I'm going to give both the Bulgarian Bag and the 'Kettlebag' a go. I’ve obtained a free inner tube from a local tyre dealer - it's got a puncture, but that doesn’t matter when I’m cutting it up.

I’m going to see if I can do this for free just to prove a point!

I’ll let you know how I get on…

Postby truedream » July 17th, 2011, 6:33 pm

I just purchased all required materials from Home Depot and it was about $13. Works great! Only thing need to have your own weights (plates) at home....either that or you can take the shaft to the gym and use the weights they have there. I like this home-made version because you can add weight as you go. I am a beginner and starting out with 15 lbs.

Postby Tom4HBE » July 18th, 2011, 6:04 pm

I've had good success with the T-Bar from the book.

I think it cost about 20 bucks and the best part is I can change the weight instead of paying 60 bucks for a new kettle bells.

Return to Adding Muscle

join our mailing list
* indicates required