Board index Adding Muscle

Adding Muscle

IF with Kiwi/Geek to Freak/HIIT

Topics related to losing 100+ pounds, ab exercises that actually work and Occam’s Protocol.

IF with Kiwi/Geek to Freak/HIIT

Postby Barbii_ » June 18th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Ok, so I've been IF with LeanGains for almost a week now. Last cheat day I gorged on carbs galore and did a 24hr fast on Monday. Felt super good! I even trained on Monday. Was real surprized on how much energy I had. Then the rest of the week I did 16hrs fast/8 hrs feed. This is what I ate:
Tues-Fri:
meal 1: 3-4 eggs, beans, spinach, hot sauce

Meal 2: Protein, 2 vege, olive oil, 2 red wine, diet dr pepper

Sometimes I had a protein shake before meal 1.
My workouts were:

Mon-Kiwi + abs
tues-Kiwi + abs
Wed-Strength + abs
thurs-Kiwi + HIIT (spin)
Fri-Rest
Sat-GeektoFreak(full body) + abs
Sun-Rest (cheat day)

Sat night I ate like a pig at a grad party, mexican feast. Sunday I ate like a pig at a fathers day bbq. I was surprized the scale. Sat morn I was at a low. Then Sun morn, I gained a few lbs from sat night feast but then this morning, I was back down a couple lbs. I thought that was super strange cause I feasted on Sunday too. I was wondering if this is normal when you do lean gains cause I worked out sat? I know that I'm not supposed to look at the scale from day to day, but I'm a girl and we tend to be obesessed with the darn scale. I dont measure body fat but I tend to pay most attention to my clothes and how they fit.

Also, today I did a 19hr fast after father's day feast yesterday, I could only make it to 19hrs, I wanted to make it to 24. I started the fast with a 20oz ice water with a whole huge lemon!!!! Was great!I only did black coffee and water for the rest of the day, even before workout. I dont have BCAA. Should I still do 30g whey protein before workout on this type of fast before the workout? Also, should I still do the 24hr fast after cheat day if I'm doing an everyday 16/8? Is it necessary? I worked out today a Kiwi+ab workout.

Also, when I'm doing Kiwi, if the kettle bell swings are getting easier to do at the current weight, should I increase the number of swings or increase the weight? My goal is to lean out and look ripped :)

I'm making a change to my diet this week, Im replacing beans with 1/2-3/4cup yams and/or carrots for my first meal. The yam was good, I just added a tsp of unsalted butter for fat. I look forward to seeing what happens.

Any and all help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!
Barbii_

Re: IF with Kiwi/Geek to Freak/HIIT

Postby justhamade » June 20th, 2012, 12:27 am

I would make Monday your full body Geek to freak day. The kiwi Tuesday. Not sure if more than 2 days in a row is good, but that is up to you might want to experiment with it.

No need to go all day on Sunday fasted. Just base it on how you feel.

I would increase the weight of the kb.

And do 1/2 the protein before the the rest after.

It's ok to look at the scale everyday but realize that day to day changes mean nothing.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby Barbii_ » June 20th, 2012, 2:53 pm

I would make Monday your full body Geek to freak day. The kiwi Tuesday. Not sure if more than 2 days in a row is good, but that is up to you might want to experiment with it.
Ok, so the day after my carb refeed, do full body GTF. Tuesday Kiwi. This is what I would do: Wed full body GTF and Thursday Kiwi and end Friday with full body GTF. Sat and Sun rest. Is that too much for Lean gains? With my goal being to lean out and tighten all over 5x week workout too much or just right?

Also, On carb refeed day, do you still do the 16/8 feeding schedule? Or is it all day feed?

Oh ok, so 1/2 protein before workout, 1/2 after workout, got it, I was so full downing that much protein before. But I did it. I will modify it tomorrow, thanks so much!

No need to go all day on Sunday fasted. Just base it on how you feel. What do you mean by how I feel? How do I know when I should be doing a 24hr fast? How am I supposed to feel other than hungry? I'm not sure what the goal is to a 24hr fast after cheat day. If I can just resume the 16/8 lean gains, I would be perfectly happy.

Thanks again for all your help!
Barbii_

Postby justhamade » June 25th, 2012, 6:45 am

Barbii_ wrote:Is that too much for Lean gains? With my goal being to lean out and tighten all over 5x week workout too much or just right?
Probably not too much, but probably not completely necessary to do 5 days. A 'light' or 'easy' day on wednesday would probably be a good idea.
Barbii_ wrote:Also, On carb refeed day, do you still do the 16/8 feeding schedule? Or is it all day feed?
I usually feed all day, but I would rather do 16/8.
justhamade wrote:What do you mean by how I feel? How do I know when I should be doing a 24hr fast? How am I supposed to feel other than hungry? I'm not sure what the goal is to a 24hr fast after cheat day. If I can just resume the 16/8 lean gains, I would be perfectly happy.
Something you can experiment with, 16/8 is probably sufficient.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby sandman369 » June 25th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Barbii_ wrote:How do I know when I should be doing a 24hr fast? How am I supposed to feel other than hungry? I'm not sure what the goal is to a 24hr fast after cheat day. If I can just resume the 16/8 lean gains, I would be perfectly happy.

I don't do the leangains but I do fast the day after cheat day, mostly because I still feel full and sometimes with a "food hangover", but I usually just drink water all day and then only eat when I'm truly hungry. Like, the first time I think my stomach is hungry, I'll chug a bunch of water. If the hunger comes back, I'll chug more water, but if the hunger returns soon again, then I know it's time to eat.
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Postby Barbii_ » June 25th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Thanks for the reply Justin. On refeed day I eat a lot all day. I'm so excited to finally eat some foods that I've had to refuse all week that I just have a food party!

Thanks Sandman, it's good to hear how others fast. Fasting for me is so new. Hunger isnt the enemy anymore. Its hard to know when to give in and eat. Thanks for your tip on when you decide to eat.

But since I've been working out fasted(other than whey protein), when I eat afterwards for my first meal, I feel really tired. I am wore out and just pooped. Also, today was the day after my refeed day. I had a headache all day long. Don't know if this is from all the spaghetti and bread I ate or from sugar or maybe not. Does anyone else get headaches after cheat day? This is new for me since I've been doing leangains.
Barbii_

Postby justhamade » June 26th, 2012, 10:11 am

Gluten does that to me too.
--
justhamade

Postby Barbii_ » June 26th, 2012, 5:17 pm

Interesting. My headache started again today almost right after I ate post workout. Not as intense as yesterdays though. Maybe it is still exiting the bod. I guess that should teach me to try to eat gluten free. But you know I love bread. Maybe I'll get gluten free bread and try to jazz it up with cheese and marinara. Thanks Justin
Barbii_

Postby sandman369 » June 28th, 2012, 6:47 pm

Another possibility for the headaches is neck or back strain during workouts. Sometimes that happens to me if I don't pay attention to good form.
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Return to Adding Muscle

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors