Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Female success on the 4HB plan!

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Re: Female success on the 4HB plan!

Postby justhamade » May 3rd, 2012, 3:03 pm

Barbii_ wrote:Thank you so much Justamade for the info and ideas. How often would I do the Kiwi workout? Maybe alternate with my walking routine or do it with walking on same day?
I can't remember the schedule recommend for the kiwi workouts, and I have lent out my book. I think it was 2-3 times a week. I would be a good fit to alternated with your walking routine. I know females think workouts like Occam's are only for guys, but if you alternated between that and the kiwi work out you would see some great results.

Barbii_ wrote:Are you saying that leaving legumes out for dinner would be good for more fat loss? I would totally do that if you think it would help. I love protein and 2 veges for dinner.
This is different for each person, but I would recommend leaving out carbs for breakfast or for diner. It depends on if you are exercising and when, and if you need the beans to deal with any cravings.

I eat high fat and protein in the am (if I am not intermittent fasting), workout around noon, then eat less fat and more carbs the rest of the day. What ever works best for your schedule.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby lockyourknee » May 3rd, 2012, 10:15 pm

Thanks! I think alot of this is about being patient until you find what works for your body and your lifestyle.

I did not try skipping breakfast. He seemed pretty adamant that eating a breakfast that included protein was very important.
lockyourknee

Postby Barbii_ » May 4th, 2012, 12:17 am

Justhamade: Dude! I did the whole a/b kiwi workout today and I was so tired afterwards that I knew I couldnt walk and showering was a chalenge. What fun though! I never got bored cause I was changing constantly. A client has my copy of the book so I cant go back to the workout chapters either. I think I'll do kiwi 2-3x a week and then the other days maybe do walking and spin. Kettle bell swings with a dumbell is fun. I watched the video and I hope I'm doing them right. I felt the burn baby! I think I'll do those every day I work out.

Thanks so much for all the info. After a year, I feel excited again and ready to work on toning.

I love experimenting with omitting certain foods to see if it makes a difference. I'm in love with black beans right now so I think I'll keep eating them at every meal. But great advise if I want to try something different. I don't think I can fast, though. I'm still trying to get used to not eating after dinner. I usually eat dinner between 6-7 and then stay up till 11, usually having a snack. Those last hours for me are the most tempting and difficult! I'm trying to just drink water now and cut that bad habbit out!
Barbii_

Postby justhamade » May 4th, 2012, 2:35 am

Barbii_ wrote:Justhamade: Dude! I did the whole a/b kiwi workout today and I was so tired afterwards that I knew I couldnt walk and showering was a chalenge. What fun though!
It is way more fun eh?
I think A is suppose to be one day then B after a day or two of rest. Hope you didn't do them both on the same day.

Fasting is hard for some people but there are a tremendous amount of health benefits to intermittent fasting. Its really easy and not something that you need to do often, hence intermittent. There are different ways to do it.

Barbii_ wrote:I usually eat dinner between 6-7 and then stay up till 11, usually having a snack. Those last hours for me are the most tempting and difficult! I'm trying to just drink water now and cut that bad habbit out!
Make sure to eat a lot of fat.

You are hungry those last few hours because you should be in bed and your body is really confused why you are still up. This is a bit of speculation, but there is science to back it up if you read TS Wiley's Light Out.

The earlier you go to bed the more fat you will lose.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby Barbii_ » May 4th, 2012, 8:00 pm

ok, I get it about going to bed early, I will try to do that. It is hard when I work til 6-7, then have to feed family, baths, bed for kids, etc... My time is usually between 9-11 to watch a show or check up online. I would have to sacrifice all of that and maybe get up before the family to have my time. Oh boy, now you're really challenging me!

Yes, can you belive I did both a/b!! I can hardly sit, walk, step up and down stairs, pick up kids, cook, work, etc... Lol, I'm cracking up about it! They were so much fun, I just loved it! I even did spin, walking, kettle bell swings and abs today. I thought that if I didnt do anything, I would be worse off tomorrow. I think I might return to the gym with my wine and sit in the jacuzzi tonight and stretch.

Fat at night. ok, so dark chicken meat or steak, maybe some pesto on my cauliflower and avocado? I'm sort of blank here. I cant think of fat at night. Ribeye steak is all I can think of. lol Or maybe olive oil and lemon on a salad.

I love your dedication to this lifestyle and your service to others in need!
Barbii_

Postby sandman369 » May 4th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Fat at night can be as simple as making your dinner centre around a fatty meat, like salmon or beef, and cook it in olive oil. I alternate salmon patties and a beef dish, 3 days each, and I cook 'em in EVOO.
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Postby Barbii_ » May 5th, 2012, 10:36 pm

thanks Sandman369, I asked my husband and he told me evoo, avocado, nuts, eggs, etc... Tonight I ate ground beef wrapped in lettuce with franks red hot sauce like tacos. Full and I think pretty fatty.

Just for curiosity sake, I went on WWW.MyfitnessPal.com to see how many calories I'm eating in a day and I am pretty low, like 1200. I am wondering if I am not eating enough. I am a creature of habbit so I eat 3 meals a day but I get full pretty quick, especially eating scd. I dont snack. Now that I am excersizing 5 -6 days a week maybe I could add more ??? to get more calories? Idont know. I remember in the book that TF says not to count calories, just eat when you are hungry and eat a scd meal. I follow that plan. I was just suprized at how low my calorie intake actually is. Any thoughts?
Barbii_

Postby sandman369 » May 6th, 2012, 1:46 am

Well if you're keeping full, you can sleep no problem, and you have enough energy for your exercise, then no need to bump up your calorie intake just because it "seems" low. Your own body is the best gauge, not an arbitrary "standard" number set by someone else!
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Postby Barbii_ » May 6th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Got it, thanks.
Barbii_

Postby Gen2800 » May 9th, 2012, 7:56 am

I've been on thr 4HB for the past 7 weeks and I've hit that frustrating wall where weight is coming off, just not as fast or as much as the book says. I have been really pretty diligent on the diet with a couple of cheats here and there but for the most part M-F and Sunday have sticked to the 'nothing white' - exception of some cheese (shredded or parm)and lite sour cream to spice up meals. I started Supplements Tim suggests 2 weeks in including magnesium before bed. Focused on Veggies, Beans, and Protein (mostly chicken). Starting drinking a lot of water with lemon slices, use cinnamon in my coffee instead of sugar. Another cheat: a couple of pieces of dark chocolate at night sometimes. Here are my beginning stats:

Weight: 167.2 lbs.
Body Fat: 28.6%
TOtal Inches: 158

Last Weigh In, Week 7 Before Cheat Day:
Weight: 163.6
Body Fat: 28%
Total Inches: 147.25

Results:
Weight lost: 3.6 lbs.
Body Fat Lost: .6% - most disappointed about this. . .
Total Inches Lost: 10.75 - most excited about this.

My Goal:
Weight - 140 - 150 Range
Body Fat: in the 15 Range
Inches - see what happens!

I'll keep everyone updated. I'm trying to be stricter on the diet avoid cheese and diet coke and chocolate and see how that helps me this week. I've also started incorporating Pilates into my routine 1 x a week.
Gen2800

PreviousNext

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors