Board index Adding Muscle

Adding Muscle

Myotatic Crunch + Cat Vommit

Topics related to losing 100+ pounds, ab exercises that actually work and Occam’s Protocol.

Myotatic Crunch + Cat Vommit

Postby titiwangsa » March 8th, 2012, 2:01 am

Hi guys,
I'm new here.

Is anybody doing Myotatic Crunch and Cat Vommit?

The book says results in 3 weeks.

So my questions are:
1. How often should I do them?
2. Which one should I do first?
3. If I do one, how long should I wait before doing the other?
titiwangsa

Re: Myotatic Crunch + Cat Vommit

Postby Manuel Espinosa » March 21st, 2012, 7:48 pm

Hello: I am also new! and do not really know where to start!, you might end up helping me instead! However y am also doing both the Myotatic Crunch and the Cat Vommit,I only started 10 days ago, I do them 3 times per week, first the Cat Vommit, and hope for results, as for the crunch, I am doing it with the ball, and itis turning out to be ackward. Where should I post questions regarding diet?? how?, best of luck!
Manuel Espinosa

Postby Pxphilli » March 22nd, 2012, 4:49 am

titi and Manuel, FYI, I do the myotatic crunch - 15 to 20 each time and then the cat vomit - 10 to 15 each time. Make sure it hurts when you're doing the cat vomit, you got to REALLY squeeze those muscles. First time I did them both, I ached for 2 days. Now I can do them daily if I want but typically do them before I do my 30mins of kettlebells and other weights in the gym which is about 3 times a week.

With the MC I use a swiss ball (no bosu ball available) and make sure I stretch all the way back so that my hands touch the floor behind me, thus really stretching out the stomach. Oh, and If I'm doing them in the gym then I hold a weight in my hands as well - about 10lbs.

Having done 'normal' crunches/sit ups and other 'normal' exercises for obliques in the past I have to admit these two exercises have the greatest effect in the shortest period of time.
Pxphilli

Postby SurferPaul » June 1st, 2012, 2:00 pm

No matter how hard I try to use my stomach instead of my neck, doing the MC makes me feel like I'm gonna burst a blood vessel in my neck and it can be sore until the next day sometimes. Any suggestions on what I can do to not strain my neck so much?
SurferPaul

Postby justhamade » June 1st, 2012, 5:24 pm

You will need to strengthen your neck, you may have some incorrect form as well but I can only guess on that.

Does a normal sit up have the same problem?

You should have your head position locked, and try to only move with your core/stomach/abs and hinge at your hips.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Return to Adding Muscle

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors