Board index Progress Logs

Progress Logs

New chick on campus...

Create a log of your progress so others can see how you are doing and keep you motivated

Re: New chick on campus...

Postby fabulousnewme » February 23rd, 2012, 3:14 pm

That's very educational, but I thoroughly enjoy exercise and find that I feel wonderful after a good workout! May not work for everyone and not everyone may enjoy it, but it certainly should not be discouraged!
fabulousnewme

New chick on campus...

Postby Punchy » February 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

Any activity that is enjoyable should reduce stress and this will hopefully keep cortisol down which will promote weightloss.

The only thing I have seen is that an over exertion of exercise will also stimulate appetite, which I tried to explain to my brother while he was inhaling a taco bell burrito after spending 2 hours at the gym. So exercise enough to make it enjoyable but if you find yourself famished afterward (possible stress promoter) and the weight isn't coming off anymore, this could e a reason why
5' 11" 43yo Male
Started SCD December 20th, 2010 - Weight 242 @ 169.5" - Waist 42"
June 16th, 2011 - Weight 181.4 @ 142" - Waist 34.5"

Started PAGG on Cheat Days beginning April 14th (Friday PM - Sunday AM)
Punchy

Postby fabulousnewme » February 23rd, 2012, 5:35 pm

Punchy wrote:Any activity that is enjoyable should reduce stress and this will hopefully keep cortisol down which will promote weightloss.

The only thing I have seen is that an over exertion of exercise will also stimulate appetite, which I tried to explain to my brother while he was inhaling a taco bell burrito after spending 2 hours at the gym. So exercise enough to make it enjoyable but if you find yourself famished afterward (possible stress promoter) and the weight isn't coming off anymore, this could e a reason why

This is so completely true! I ran into this issue back awhile ago. I was losing about 1.5-2 lbs a week working out about 35-60 minutes a day. So my genius idea was if I just add another hour or two per day I'll lose double the weight!! So not the case!! I was starving all the time and sore constantly. Generally I was either losing the same or less weight and gaining inches in the places females don't want them!

So silly!
fabulousnewme

Postby justhamade » February 23rd, 2012, 9:41 pm

fabulousnewme wrote:That's very educational, but I thoroughly enjoy exercise and find that I feel wonderful after a good workout! May not work for everyone and not everyone may enjoy it, but it certainly should not be discouraged!

Sorry I didn't mean exercise is bad.
Exercise is great for many reasons but fat loss is not one of them.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby fabulousnewme » February 24th, 2012, 9:02 pm

So today I'm much less hungry then I had been earlier in the week. I'm way crazy tired, but honestly I was too wired to sleep last night so I believe that's the culprit in me being so sleepy. I've been doing well with my simple and similar little meals, although I can see that I'm going to need to find a few new recipes for next week to change it up!

I can tell you I am anxiously awaiting Sunday (cheat day)!! I have a heck of a Cheat List happening, lol. Although I will not be doing so, I could certainly go with a cheat day using this diet SO FAR.

Out of curiosity, what types of foods and how much would I eat if preparing for amping up my daily workouts to about an hour a day without cheating or veering out the diet? I'm kinda figuring a few more nuts before my workout and a tablespoon or two of natural peanut butter after. Sound about right or is there another food source that may be better?
fabulousnewme

New chick on campus...

Postby Punchy » February 25th, 2012, 1:46 am

If your doing a daily one hour (cardio, HIT) workout, hmmm, nothing until you've leaned out and if you find yourself hungry after working out then you've done to much.

If you do some free weight training starting strength program (squats, bench, deadlifts, row) you can pause between sets which after an hour will give your muscle a much better stimulus and should not increase appetite. See www.startingstrength
5' 11" 43yo Male
Started SCD December 20th, 2010 - Weight 242 @ 169.5" - Waist 42"
June 16th, 2011 - Weight 181.4 @ 142" - Waist 34.5"

Started PAGG on Cheat Days beginning April 14th (Friday PM - Sunday AM)
Punchy

Postby justhamade » February 25th, 2012, 2:00 am

Hope no one is getting annoyed with me repeating myself.

(Punchy add anything I miss)
Exercise is great for relieving stress, gaining muscle, increasing cardio capacity. It will help with insulin sensitivity but other than that does very little for fat loss.

http://nymag.com/news/sports/38001/

I have found that short high intensity interval training (HIIT) like the kiwi workout http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/exercises/ or http://www.maxcapacitytraining.com/ are the most efficient because they work the best for fat loss and increasing cardio and some muscle hypertrophy too.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby fabulousnewme » February 25th, 2012, 7:45 am

I'm preparing for a 5K at the end of March. In May I'm going for my Zumba and Insanity Master Classes, so it's not so much about losing weight doing the extra exercise it's about preparing my body for the activities!

So if I'm tired afterwards I'm simply just not up to that level yet, so maybe just gradually add a few minutes every week until I'm no longer tired after the workouts.
fabulousnewme

Postby justhamade » February 25th, 2012, 2:00 pm

fabulousnewme wrote:I'm preparing for a 5K at the end of March. In May I'm going for my Zumba and Insanity Master Classes, so it's not so much about losing weight doing the extra exercise it's about preparing my body for the activities!

So if I'm tired afterwards I'm simply just not up to that level yet, so maybe just gradually add a few minutes every week until I'm no longer tired after the workouts.

Awesome, as long as people realize that insanity is a program for high performance, not for high fat loss as it is marketed.

Nutrition for performance will be much different that nutrition for fat loss. Need a lot more quality carbs.
--
justhamade

Postby fabulousnewme » February 25th, 2012, 6:52 pm

good info, thanks so much guys! i'll make sure to get those quality carbs on my high intensity days. thanks again.

day 6 update: doing well with the diet so far. still no complaints about the food itself. found out that the reason i wasn't super hungry yesterday had nothing to do with the diet! i ended up with a stomach bug today and attribute my lack of appetite to that.

of course i'd catch a stomach bug the day before my first cheat day! hopefully i'll be able to eat and keep food down tomorrow. talk to you all tomorrow.
fabulousnewme

PreviousNext

Return to Progress Logs

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors