Announcements and Information

Just another new member here

Look here for announcements and information about the forum. If you have any suggestions or questions about this site feel free to ask in here.

Just another new member here

Postby Erarkaffome » March 10th, 2011, 8:53 am

Hi forum new flesh here.. lol
Erarkaffome

Re: Just another new member here

Postby anjlyn » March 10th, 2011, 11:30 am

they need a handshake smiley ;)
welcome hope we can all help each other here
YAY BEANS!!!!!!!
anjlyn

Postby mcspanol » March 14th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Welcome! :ugeek:
Start Weight: 193.40 lbs.
Wk 1: 189.4 (-4.0 lbs.)
Wk 2: 184.8 (-4.6 lbs.)
Wk 3: 184.4 (-0.4 lbs.)
Wk 4: 181.0 (-3.4 lbs.)
Wk 5: 178.8 (-2.2 lbs.)
Wk 6: 177.0 (-1.8 lbs.)
Wk 7: 175.8 (-1.2 lbs.)
Wk 8: 174.4 (-1.4 lbs.)
Goal: 165 lbs.
mcspanol
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby Greentea weightloss » October 26th, 2011, 11:01 pm

Hi Forum,

Another new member. :)
Greentea weightloss

Postby sevenfifteen » December 27th, 2011, 4:15 pm

Hello all.

New to the board and to the SCD. Have been doing the SCD minus the PAGG stack and ice compress for a couple of months now. I'm 6'3. Start weight was 195. Currently 184 and starting to see greater muscle definition. Have been swinging KB's through my SCD experiment and like the visual results. Though already lean when I started, I was curious what the diet would do to me. Have always lifted weights/worked out, but never have I been this defined.

Just the meals alone have produced great results for me. May start ice compress's rather than PAGG simply because ice is free. Curious to see just what happens.

My strategy is to start OP once I get to X % of body fat. If OP bulks me up and I stay this lean, I'll be in the best beach condition ever.

Thanks,
sevenfifteen
sevenfifteen

Postby justhamade » December 28th, 2011, 1:01 am

sevenfifteen wrote:Hello all.

New to the board and to the SCD. Have been doing the SCD minus the PAGG stack and ice compress for a couple of months now. I'm 6'3. Start weight was 195. Currently 184 and starting to see greater muscle definition. Have been swinging KB's through my SCD experiment and like the visual results. Though already lean when I started, I was curious what the diet would do to me. Have always lifted weights/worked out, but never have I been this defined.

Just the meals alone have produced great results for me. May start ice compress's rather than PAGG simply because ice is free. Curious to see just what happens.

My strategy is to start OP once I get to X % of body fat. If OP bulks me up and I stay this lean, I'll be in the best beach condition ever.

Thanks,
sevenfifteen

Hi SevenFifteen, welcome. Congrats on the progress so far.
sevenfifteen wrote:My strategy is to start OP once I get to X % of body fat. If OP bulks me up and I stay this lean, I'll be in the best beach condition ever.

Although I am not a fan of the OP workouts (I prefer workouts like the kiwi's full workout http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/exercises/ or crossfit football http://www.crossfitfootball.com) , there is no reason to wait to start lifting.
Fat loss and muscle gain are two different things that can be done at the same time.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby sevenfifteen » December 28th, 2011, 12:06 pm

Thanks for the URLS, I'll look into them.

Curious what you don't like about OP. You've tried it? My reason for trying it is to see if it works and if so how well. I am a practitioner of minimalism in most fascist of my life and find the workout to be fascinating/curious.

As for my fat loss, yes, I don't need to be at a certain % to start a new work out you're right, but in my crazy brain it just keeps things orderly. :)
sevenfifteen

Postby justhamade » December 28th, 2011, 7:28 pm

sevenfifteen wrote:Curious what you don't like about OP. You've tried it?
I haven't tried it because it doesn't address my needs/goals. I need to keep my endurance (and strength) up for sports and the most efficient way to do that based on my research and experimentation is HIIT. Hypertrophy is a secondary goal for me right now.

I think the OP is a great beginners program, but not something that would be ver beneficial for an experienced lifter.

Also because there are only 4 exercises total, I am willing to bet most people would plateau within a month or two.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Return to Announcements and Information

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors