Board index Perfecting Sleep

Perfecting Sleep

Your guide throughout 4HB Experience PLS READ. Note from Tim

How to get the perfect night's sleep

Re: Your guide throughout 4HB Experience PLS READ. Note from

Postby necktweaker » November 23rd, 2011, 3:52 pm

I think this would be a great idea that many people would benefit from.

Personally, I would like to see recipes and a logging system (produces trent plots, avg losses per month, etc) as a minimum. Other possible ideas could be a list of common mistakes and tips, video examples of the suggested exercises (kettlebell swings/cleans/squats, cat vomit exercise, etc.), supplement information, and i'm sure other things that I am forgetting.

I'm sure more ideas will come about as people use the webapp, so a feedback/suggestions link in the app could be very important.
necktweaker

Postby ziikutv » December 4th, 2011, 8:40 am

Yes, Logging system will definitely be there. That is the whole point of the app. I am thinking if we should do recipes from the get go or if we should add them later on.

If I add recipes, I want to hire a chef to make recipes that are unique to our service. It makes more sense to add them on later as we would have to do less coding and can get started on actually testing the concept.

What do you guys think?

What do you absolutely want to see in the first beta version? Here's what I was thinking.
- A logging system
- Fat loss Wizard
- Tips
- Exercises to do and some videos
- Photos (you can take weekly photos? with captions)
ziikutv
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby justhamade » December 5th, 2011, 11:25 am

Recipes and meal plan's a key to a successful diet. Snack tips and maybe a transition guide as well, some people have a hard time quitting sugar/flour cold turkey.

For exercises and routines there are a lot of them in the book, each one should probably be in there.

For photos, the features that are in the app 'Everyday' would be neat, a ghost image of you last photo so you can be in the right spot etc.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby ziikutv » December 6th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I think the everday photo feature can be added in later on. Right now, it would just eat away our bandwidth and servers.

I definitely want to add that ghost feature in. Thanks for suggesting that.

To add something to that, I was thinking of making it into some sort of a slideshow.. so the person can just press the right arrow key and have very fast idea of how their body changed daily.

I have another feature announcement to make soon.
ziikutv
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby RossTheNinja » December 16th, 2011, 6:18 am

Just seen a program called Noom for the droid. You can log your weight and record each meal; both by typing it in and taking a picture. Could be pretty cool.
RossTheNinja

Postby Meeka » January 9th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Hi, I am new to this forum, and new to 4HB. I have always really struggled with motivation and just keeping going. An app, which eliminates too much thinking and points out where you are going wrong would be awesome.

Especially if it would point out where you can improve, what are you doing correctly, what are the first steps that you can take, how to improve your results etc.

If you could log in small challenges... eg this week I will drink 8 glasses of water per day, and the app would give you your results at the end of the week that would be great.

I find that I get overwhelmed by the whole programs and give up before getting habits into place. So if the app could let you install the habits for 4HB and give you support that would be great!
Meeka

Postby justhamade » January 10th, 2012, 12:16 am

There is the dailyburn.com app. They don't give feedback based on the SCD or 4HB principals but they do give some nutrient breakdowns based on the USDA food plate (which is terrible nutrition btw).

There is a new app at Chris Kresser's site called the personal paleo code. I have no t used it but paleo is very similar to the slow carb diet and the app is customizable based on your goals and health symptoms. It does customized meal plans as well.

http://personalpaleocode.chriskresser.com/
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby JayRimmer » March 18th, 2012, 7:57 am

I might be a big late since this was a year a go.

Anyway, if you take a look at Fitbit, they had the clever idea of having their own webapp, mobile apps, Android and Apple, but the clever thing about them is that they used other peoples apps to sync with theirs.

Like myFitnessPal would sync with theirs! Very cool :)
JayRimmer

Postby lindseymorgan » May 5th, 2012, 3:18 pm

love it! has this been created yet?
lindseymorgan

Postby mosoo » June 21st, 2012, 3:56 pm

Any news regarding this? It started as a really cool idea!
mosoo

PreviousNext

Return to Perfecting Sleep

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors