Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

meal in the morning

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Re: meal in the morning

Postby designergrrl » June 22nd, 2011, 6:46 pm

Another idea:

Why not make meringues? Just leave out the sugar. They can be flavored with vanilla plus unsweetened cocoa, lemon zest, or cinnamon.

Some basic recipes here:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/desserts/ ... /main.aspx

Keep 'em in an airtight container and grab a few to go.
designergrrl

Postby AnnDonnelly » July 17th, 2011, 4:32 am

I also have 3 kids to get off to school, and I think that one of the things this diet has finally got into my head is that I have to make time for myself and that my own well being and health is important to my family's, so being able to eat properly and exercise has moved way up on the priority list.

I get up a little earlier to make sure I can get in the proper breakfast. The need to eat right after waking has broken my habit of lying there for a few extra minutes and also I just feel better when I wake up now.

There's alot of good tips in this thread for saving time with prep that I will try, but getting into that mindset made a world of difference to me. I think part of the problem I had losing weight in the past was that I put everyone else's needs before my own all the time. It's not necessary or even the best thing to for your family.
AnnDonnelly

Postby Sunshine » August 25th, 2011, 3:01 am

I also am a busy mom and work full time. Planning meals for an entire day, or days, is tough. I have learned to eat breakfast, but some days the thought of eggs within 30 mins is too much for me. I have found Trader Joes to carry pre-made salmon patties. They are in the fresh meat dept. They have 35 grams of protein and are pretty good. They cook up quick, so I will make it the night before in a frying pan, slightly undercooked, and then just warm it up in the microwave with my spinach and beans (which I always make the spinach the night before).

TJ's also has sliced turkey breast meat in the fresh food department. They are lean and easy. 2 minutes in a pan and they are cooked. REally good to make for lunch. I will heat one up and then either dump TJ's mild salsa on it or take some avocado and spread it onto the turkey. It is really good and a nice change.
Sunshine

Postby bobrandklev » August 25th, 2011, 6:28 am

I understand what you are saying and I was in a similar place at one time but I also realized for "things to change, I had to change!"

4HB explains what needs to be done to obtain the fat loss and body changes people have been wanting for many years and yes it's gong to require that word "change."

If you keep doing what you are doing and trying to justify reasons why your life is the way it is, you run a risk of getting too far off track, not getting the results you want and failing.

"When you wake you need to drink 16oz(.5L) of ice cold water and eat within 30 minutes of waking, containing 20-30g of protein, preferably eggs"

If your life is too busy for this, remove un-needed items from your life to free more time. If you can't drink cold water right away, force yourself through it and you'll find you can do it. Same with eggs, pre-make your breakfast dishes or get up earlier! Thousands/Millions of people eat eggs every morning so quit telling yourself you can't do it. There are hundreds of ways to prepare eggs!

I know this may come across rude or too strong to some people and I'm sorry if you feel that way but it's not my intent to upset anyone. We as a community in this forum need to be "personal trainers" for people who are just getting started and want to variate or explain why something won't work for them. I'm amazed at the number of people who say "well this 4HB sounds good but I don't like this part"... We need to help keep people on track to success!

I want to see you succeed like others, so don't go off plan to far or your risk of failure will increase.

Again don't take offense to my strong reply, just realize you are where you are today because of the choice you make every day. You won't be able to change/improve until you find a way to change/improve. :-)
5-11, 45 y/o male
July 2010: 235lbs
July 2011: 212lbs
Loss to date: 25lbs
4.5 inches from belly

Need a vacation? Make a living.. living! http://GettingAnswers.com/4hb
bobrandklev

Postby healthymaura » August 27th, 2011, 6:49 pm

I understand the busy mom thing too -- I have an infant and we get up at 6am every day. I use an egg-based protein shake ("fit n healthy") - I mix 1.25 servings into my cold water with a big shot of cinnamon. It's 32 g of protein and 125 calories -- all from egg white. I have to be honest and admit there is some stevia in the product, but it's still at 0 carbs and 0 sugars, and doesn't stall my weight loss. (Crazy enough the whey does affect my weight loss)
I appreciate the ease of a shake while I tend to my little one in the morning...then we eat breakfast a little bit later together :)

~Maura
healthymaura

Postby terryhickey » September 1st, 2011, 12:34 pm

Can't beat eggs and some sort of breakfast meat - cooks up in 10 min or less on a frying pan. Sauteed veggies, or mixed in an omelet again can be done up real quick (10 min or less). The key to the morning meal is simple foods that provide enough protein and a little bit of advanced prep (e.g. coffee on timer, pre-chopped veggies). Waking 10 min earlier and eating real food beats out a powder shake on any given day for me! Also, you can cook this for your children too so they start their day off well.
terryhickey

Postby helene » September 1st, 2011, 3:50 pm

OK. I need some help. I am on 4HB for 2 weeks and 3 days and have not lost any weight. I am wondering if something is wrong. One challenge I have is in the morning. I go to the gym every day at 530am and it is just too early to eat so much so I just have a hard boiled egg until i get back at 7. Then I eat an egg white omelet, another hard boiled egg, spinach and black beans , water and salsa.
One thing- I do not have a thyroid- on synthroid. I wonder if that could be the problem.
I am not counting calories and not cheating at all. (Actually some sugar free gum in the day).
Any and all suggestions welcome and needed.
BTW, love the kettlebells.

Thanks,
Helene
helene

Postby SecretAsianMan » September 1st, 2011, 9:39 pm

Protein drinks often contain lots of sugars and starches. Try to get off those ASAP, IMHO.

When I'm feeling lazy I hardboil and peel eggs the evening before. Here's a trick as well; use your oldest eggs (they peel easier) and drop 1/2tsp of baking soda in the water as you boil them. It makes them easier to peel.

Scrambling a few eggs in the morning is also super simple and takes literally under 2 minutes. I did find I got sick of scrambled eggs all the time and started dressing it up with different spices and salsas, etc. Just watch out for any spice mix or sauce that has sugar, lots of salsas are bad for this.

Last of all, don't get discouraged. I dropped zero weight in my first 3 weeks and then suddenly dropped 7 in my third week. I didn't change a thing. I feel like my body has some "momentum" -- when I'm losing weight, it drops off slow and steady.
Last edited by SecretAsianMan on September 3rd, 2011, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SecretAsianMan

Postby justhamade » September 2nd, 2011, 12:39 am

helene wrote:OK. I need some help. I am on 4HB for 2 weeks and 3 days and have not lost any weight. I am wondering if something is wrong. One challenge I have is in the morning. I go to the gym every day at 530am and it is just too early to eat so much so I just have a hard boiled egg until i get back at 7. Then I eat an egg white omelet, another hard boiled egg, spinach and black beans , water and salsa.
One thing- I do not have a thyroid- on synthroid. I wonder if that could be the problem.
I am not counting calories and not cheating at all. (Actually some sugar free gum in the day).
Any and all suggestions welcome and needed.
BTW, love the kettlebells.

Thanks,
Helene

It is proper forum etiquette to start a new thread if you are asking a question for yourself.

You do not need to eat breakfast within 30 mins if you are working out instead. Don't forget the yoke, that is where all the good fat is (omega-3s).

If you have thyroid issues you should look into the Paleo community, thyroid issues get talked about frequently just google "paleo syntroid" and you will get a bunch of hits.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35013.html
http://paleohacks.com/questions/48584/s ... z1Wlo5ZOna

Which led me to this book
http://www.amazon.com/Still-Thyroid-Sym ... lnk-c27-20
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Previous

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors