Board index Reversing Injuries

Reversing Injuries

(almost) chronic sinus infection ...

Making your body injury proof and fixing those "permanent" injuries you have.

Postby ulrich » September 16th, 2013, 4:02 am

Hi, I am just starting with the 4HB-diet. In this book - as well as in the 4-hour-chef - I have recognized Tim referencing having chronic sinus infections. I have trouble with the same issue. But I cannot find any suggestions for solutions/help in the book(s), other than the Neti bottle. I have tried that and it makes things better, but not go away. Does anybody here have an idea I could try while I'm at it, anyway? Any links to Tim (or someone else) writing/blogging about it? (I have googled the topic, obviously, I am only looking for things you can "vouch" for.) I am so dreading winter, and I have the feeling there might be something I could do? Thanks, Ulrich
ulrich

Postby justhamade » September 17th, 2013, 3:08 pm

http://chriskresser.com/the-highly-effe ... -sinusitis

I have used these suggestions before with success.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Re: (almost) chronic sinus infection ...

Postby phantasm » September 18th, 2013, 4:08 am

Drink tons of water with a little bit of salt.

Get off of the caffene, pot, bodybuilding supplements. Tim says it took him a while to get off of the bodybuilding supplements, I'm in the same boat. The first week is hell, but it gets better.

Deep breathing in moist air is a good idea.

Get a humidifier or just breathe over a boiling pot of water a few times a day. Try to breathe deep into your tummy like a child or yoga style.

While doing this visualize all the sinuses in your forehead loosening and swallow periodically. This will also help with ear infections.

If you've done diving, some of the breathing techniques they give for pressurization and depressurization can help too.

Teaspoon of baking soda in hot water can help clear fungal infections in lungs and sinus too. It's cheap, tastes awful, and it works.

If you've heard of Buckley's for coughs, the pine oils will help loosen the mucous too. And it doesn't taste as bad as the baking soda.

Patience, it will take a while.
phantasm

Return to Reversing Injuries

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors