Board index Reversing Injuries

Reversing Injuries

Chest pain from (former) smoker: lung cancer?

Making your body injury proof and fixing those "permanent" injuries you have.

Postby Eli » May 5th, 2014, 4:35 am

Hi everyone, haven't posted in awhile. But I have kind of a serious issue that, for lack of a better place, have decided to put under reversing injuries.

Here's the deal: I'm 22 yr old and I've been an on-and-off smoker for a little over 2 years now. I never smoked as much as a pack a day. The worst it ever got was up to 10 or 12 cigarettes in a day.

Recently I've decided to quit. It's been over a week since I smoked a cigarette, but ever since my last one, I've noticed a certain dull pain/feeling in my chest that just won't go away. It's always in the same spot, just to the left of the heart (my left) in the middle rib cage area. Sometimes I don't feel it at all, sometimes it can almost be considered as aching, but it hasn't gone away after a week of not smoking and is always in that same place. If I had to describe the feeling, I would say it's like a burning sensation. Physically, it doesn't stop me from running or doing other strenuous activities, and I wouldn't even consider it painful, but mentally, it keeps me up at night and frustrated during the day not knowing what it is exactly. I need some expert advice here: what are the chances of it being lung cancer? If it is, is it at an early stage where I can remove it in time or will it be fatal?

I know I sound seriously freaked out here, but you'll have to pardon me: my grandmother is a lung cancer survivor, so it runs in my family. Please could someone help here? That would be awesome.

Eli
Eli

Postby justhamade » July 31st, 2014, 1:58 am

You won't get an expert opinion on an issue like that here. You need to go see a professional.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Return to Reversing Injuries

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors