Board index Reversing Injuries

Reversing Injuries

Fixing knees

Making your body injury proof and fixing those "permanent" injuries you have.

Fixing knees

Postby robzarry » January 24th, 2011, 11:30 am

At 48 my knees are creaky & weak, looking to see if anyone here has advice on fixing them up...

Thanks!
robzarry

Re: Fixing knees

Postby mwhities » January 26th, 2011, 11:11 am

I believe Tim suggests MSM and Vitamin C. I'm no expert or any good at 4HB yet... but, I believe he stated that in the book and on the "View". I'm looking for that video now.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZiIbhbnfcs
Skip ahead to about 5:16.
-MDW
6' 6" - 335lbs (goal of 285lbs)
01/26-327
OneArmStrength - 4HB Blog
mwhities

Postby bob » January 26th, 2011, 12:34 pm

I can't recall all the details from the book but I know Tim recommends Super Cissus Rx for joints. I have also heard that high dosages of Vitamin C help, make sure you get a non acid type of Vitamin C like this one because it is gentler on the stomach.

See this list for all the "gear" Tim recommends.
bob

Postby libonte » January 31st, 2011, 11:41 am

I also have the same symptoms as well as "popping" sometimes when I work out. I strongly suggest you go to a doctor and get them checked out first. I did and discovered through an MRI and x-rays that I have advanced arthritis in my right knee and chondromalacia patella (basically my knee isn't tracking properly from years of poor biomechanics). The only permanent remed is a total knee replacement in my case, but I am managing the pain with glucosamine (1500 mg per day). I also had a cortisone shot about 6 weeks ago which is helpful but not a good long-term remedy. I'm reading the book "Maximizing the Arthritis Cure" and Dr. Theodosakis outlines a 9-step plan, much of what overlaps with the 4 Hour Body since proper nutrition is one of the steps. I would also advise to be careful with NSAIDs that most doctors will prescribe. I took naprosyn for 9 months and ended up in the Emergency Room with severe gastritis because it was eating away at the lining of my stomach. It's not a good remedy for daily use. Again, go to a physician and get them checked out NOW before they get worse (which they almost always do absent some kind of concerted nutritional and therapeutic intevention).
libonte

Postby hw2084 » February 2nd, 2011, 9:19 pm

Tim mentioned prolotherapy and biopuncture in 4HB. Would you be willing to try it out? I've tried prolotherapy on my back for a couple of sessions and it's promising, but much too early to tell if it's a medium-to-long term solution.
hw2084

Postby vizualj » February 3rd, 2011, 12:09 pm

I agree with libonte, go to an orthopedist and have them checked out asap. I wish I had gone sooner. I have iliotibial band syndrome which is common in runners and cyclers. I'm currently in physical therapy for it. Had I gone sooner, I wouldn't have irritated and made it worse! Cissus appears to be helping a bit but that just might be in my head :) good luck!

MAKE THE APPOINTMENT TODAY!
vizualj
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Postby EgoscueJohn » February 4th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Here's what Egoscue can do for knees: http://wp.me/pbv4c-4x

Notice the before/after x-rays and the difference in the client's right knee position (specifically the spacing between the joint). Let me know if you have any questions about how we can help.

John Elder
Egoscue Nashville
johne@egoscue.com
www.bepainfreeforlife.com
EgoscueJohn

Postby dltccf » February 7th, 2011, 10:04 pm

I have found that the gin and raisins for arthritis recipe works for me. I used to get up every morning and had all that popping and pain that went with it when I went down the stairs, also the ache in my fingers went away too. 9 gin soaked golden raisins a day. Can't explain how it works, but it does.
dltccf

Postby circadianswing » June 7th, 2011, 8:26 am

I started the slow carb diet, because my knees were hurting me, and I figured it was the extra weight. Between daily exercise on a recumbent stationery bike, losing weight, and a couple of supplements, 95% improvement. I can't say for sure if any were the magic bullet. Supplements used were Krill Oil, and Dr. Mercola's Joint Formula. it contains hyaluronic acid, which was an ingredient a friend of mine swore by as a the key.

This beats the 1-2 celebrex I had to take to stop the pain last year.
---------------------------------
38 year old Male - 6'2"
Slow Carb Diet (4 Hour Body) - Started Jan 3, 2011
Starting Weight - 235lbs
Goal Weight - low to mid 190's

circadianswing

Postby justhamade » June 8th, 2011, 8:27 am

I have first hand experience with knee issues as well. Had a bad MCL strain/tear about 11 years ago now during football. When you are the kick returner on the worst team in the league sometimes you get hit pretty awkwardly.

My knee just recently got better after I found an ART Chiro locally, started foam rolling my IT band and Quads daily.
http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/2011 ... s-session/

Also easting full Paleo (not just SCD) has seemed to help me heal from all injuries much faster. If you are not eating Paleo then a glucosamine supplement would be a good idea as well. http://allaboutpaleo.com/omega-3-fatty- ... arthritis/

Also make sure your w3 to w6 ratio is good. I take a fish oil supplement for this as well.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Next

Return to Reversing Injuries

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors