Board index Perfecting Sleep

Perfecting Sleep

Newbie trying out own cycle, feedback needed

How to get the perfect night's sleep

Newbie trying out own cycle, feedback needed

Postby CPapanik » October 24th, 2013, 5:25 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here and I would like to tell you the challenge I face. First of all I'm 18 years old, I'm currently in my last year of school, with all my periods full (so 9 to half 3), I get a bus at 6.30am to go to the gym and I work from 5pm to 10pm a couple of days, usually weekdays. I have other projects I'd like to pursuit, you know, mastering a new skill, trying to start a new business, but with so little hours in the day I have barely any time free.

That's why I have been looking into polyphasic and byphasic sleep cycles. Though, I face a challenge as because of my schedule I can't really adopt any of the cycles like everyman, uberman or even seista. So I've decided to create my own and test it out sometime soon, but first, I would like to hear all your opinions, especially any people who have experience with testing their own cycles.

So anyway here is the schedule I think would work well, bare in mind these were really the only times I could find time to sleep:

23:00 - 02:00 (3 hours sleep)
3.5 hours
05:30 - 06:00 (30 min nap)
10 hours
16:00 - 16:30 (30 min nap)
5.5 hours

So post your thoughts, criticise, whatever. Any feedback is appreciated.
CPapanik

Re: Newbie trying out own cycle, feedback needed

Postby smartsleepteam » November 3rd, 2013, 10:13 am

I am a polyphasic sleeper for almost 2 years and I sleep 4,5 hours a day.
Me and my friends made lots of experiments on this fied and we want to share our experience. We decided to create a mobile application that would be an essential guide to polyphasic sleep experience for everyone.

Check our website: www.smartsleepteam.com

We alredy have a functioning prototype that we use in our everyday life, but we need funds to finish it and launch to pruduction. So we created a company on kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/222 ... sic-sleepe

By the way, you can find there some tips on how to plan your adaptation through biphasic stage.

We apreciate any feedback, proposals and contributions. If you have any questions please contact us.
smartsleepteam

Return to Perfecting Sleep

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors