Board index Adding Muscle

Adding Muscle

Geek to Freak confusion

Topics related to losing 100+ pounds, ab exercises that actually work and Occam’s Protocol.

Geek to Freak confusion

Postby Steviespin » May 12th, 2011, 2:34 pm

HI there

I wish this part of the book was clearer.

So the geek to freak workout is a one-plan, full body workout you repeat, no A/B, etc? seems odd but ok.

Tim then lists 8 exercises he did during this plan with his guidelines etc but doesn't say how many reps to aim at reaching for failure? He outlines this in OP but not G2F as far as I can tell. I keep wanting to get started on this then find it so hard to be crystal clear about I give up.

thanks for any info!
Steve
Steviespin

Re: Geek to Freak confusion

Postby Blayne » May 16th, 2011, 12:02 pm

TF notes to use a 5/5 cadence and 80-120 seconds TUT for each exercise. So you should follow essentially the same process as OP for G2F in terms of cadence, number of reps, determining starting work weights, etc. In order to hit 80 seconds TUT with a 5/5 cadence, you would have to do at least 8 reps.

G2F is essentially a less "refined" version of OP without the A/B workouts or as strict of a day-off rest plan.
6-1, 41 y/o male
SCD Jan 2-Feb 13 '11 (BW: ~193)
Modified SCD start Feb 13 '11(BW: ~185)
Stats:
7/2/11: 179lb, 10.3% BF (based on hydrostatic test)
10/20/11: 185lb, ~10.5% BF
Dec '12: 194lb, ~11-12% BF (bulking phase)
Blayne
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Geek to Freak confusion

Postby globalcitizen » June 4th, 2011, 4:34 am

G2F is the chronicle of one of Tim's experiments with muscle gain. You can find more information by reading the COMMENTS in Tim's blog, which was written before 4HB (http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/20 ... n-4-weeks/)

OC is based on the same principles as G2F but is more systematized and intended for the typical person. I suspect you will get more benefit simply by following OC, which is better described in the book.

And yes, the book is a little unclear and disorganized in places, but I found if I re-read sections almost all questions are answered.
globalcitizen

Return to Adding Muscle

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors