Q. SCD does not seem to be working for me, or my progress is really slow. What should I include in the TOPIC I post asking for assistance?
A. First and foremost, remember that we want to help you. Please post all of the following, so that the community here has as much information as possible to troubleshoot your plan and get you on track to losing fat and feeling better. Please post the information in a numbered list just like this:
1) SHORT BIO. Tell us about yourself. Your sex, age, height, weight-loss history, weight-loss goals, and anything else that you feel matters to our understanding of you and your experience. Include any health/medical conditions that might be a factor (thyroid conditions, diabetic, etc).
2) YOUR START. The date you started SCD. Your starting weight, body-fat percentage and total inches. The more detail the better - it is difficult to assess reasons fora lack of progress without a complete picture.
3) DAILY CONSUMPTION.A very detailed list of every single thing that goes in your mouth for at least one full day, preferably two. (TF himself insists on two full days when he responds to any request for troubleshooting help.) If you can't list this information offhand, spend at least one full day logging the information in real time. This includes all supplements, food, drinks (including water) and anything else you consume, how much of it you consume, and approximately when. ALL of the details could matter, so err on the side of posting too much information, not too little. Start your list from the moment you wake up.
4) CHEAT/BINGE DAY.A description of your typical cheat day. Is it always the same day of the week?Is it always limited to one full waking day (rather than a 24-hr period spread over two days)? Do you binge for all meals including breakfast? Do you incorporate any of the Damage Control techniques discussed in 4HB?
5) OTHER CHEATING.A straightforward account of how often you have cheated other than on cheat day,and, if you did, what you consumed, and how much. Details here profoundly matter(some cheats really screw with the diet, others not so much), so please be as complete as possible, to help us help you.
6) EXERCISE. Your exercise regime. What kind of exercise, how long you do it, how often you do it.
7)CURRENT STATS.Your current weight, body-fat percentage and total inches.
8) YOUR MINDSET.Any guesses at why the SCD didn't work for you? Any ideas you are already contemplating for changes? Are you close to giving up? Are you instead willing to double down and make a greater effort over the next four weeks if there are things you could do that have proven successful for others who first had trouble with this diet?
Again, please be as comprehensive as possible with the above information, as the more details we have, the more we can help.
6-1, 41 y/o male
SCD Jan 2-Feb 13 '11 (BW: ~193)
Modified SCD start Feb 13 '11(BW: ~185)
7/2/11: 179lb, 10.3% BF (based on hydrostatic test)
10/20/11: 185lb, ~10.5% BF
Dec '12: 194lb, ~11-12% BF (bulking phase)