Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Only 8 lbs lost in 5 weeks

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Re: Only 8 lbs lost in 5 weeks

Postby Ymees » January 23rd, 2011, 12:39 am

Also, are you eating within 30 minutes of waking? Even if it something as simple as a protein shake, that may do the trick. And drink plenty of water. You're going to hear that a lot... =)

Keep up the good work btw! Any weight loss is good. Just remember to keep additional measurements (total inches, body fat). Sometimes focusing on weight can drive you nuts, but if your fat pants are starting to fall off your hips, then it's time to party.
Ymees

Postby Lokki » January 23rd, 2011, 12:19 pm

jnickell wrote:Are you only eating three meals a day? If not give us 3 days days of meals including all meals and snacks.

I am eating only 3 meals a day.
I was snacking for the first couple of weeks (brazil nuts, and almonds) but stopped.
Yesterday was cheat day. I'll keep log of next 3 days and post
Lokki

Postby Lokki » January 23rd, 2011, 12:21 pm

Ymees wrote:Also, are you eating within 30 minutes of waking? Even if it something as simple as a protein shake, that may do the trick. And drink plenty of water. You're going to hear that a lot... =)

Keep up the good work btw! Any weight loss is good. Just remember to keep additional measurements (total inches, body fat). Sometimes focusing on weight can drive you nuts, but if your fat pants are starting to fall off your hips, then it's time to party.

Weekdays I have breakfast probably 45 minutes after waking up. Have to send the kids out to school.

I am keeping track of the inches. lost a couple of inches the first couple of weeks, not much since.

My tight clothes are looser
Lokki

Postby dani_ohh » January 23rd, 2011, 2:06 pm

It's actually pretty awesome that your sticking to your diet still man. I hope this will help.

I think the meats that your eating for breakfast may be hurting you a bit as well. I usually eat beans eggs and some sort of vegetables at breakfast. If i get hungry i just eat for legumes to keep me full. Will the meats I've picked some some lean meats and don't vary much from that. The meat I use are:

Top round sirloin
Chicken Breast
Salmon
Talapia

I don't usually go for any more than that. The nuts may be a problem depends on how much your eating. I wouldn't eat more that 15 almonds a day. Just try to keep the diet simple stick to some basic things. Like tim said just pick a few items and/or meals and repeat over and over again.

Again, it's awesome that your sticking to it no matter what and good luck!!
Last edited by dani_ohh on January 24th, 2011, 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dani_ohh

Postby Ymees » January 24th, 2011, 9:52 am

I'm a big fan of the protein shake in the morning. It's something I can have while getting the kids and wife ready for work/school in the morning. After they are off, I fix myself a proper breakfast. Typically eggs, beans, and veggies.
Ymees

Postby Marcus » January 24th, 2011, 11:42 am

I'll just agree that any weight loss is good, but remember that everyone's body moves at its own pace and responds differently. You may need to play around a bit. I started this on 12/10/2010 and had only lost 8 pounds going into last week; I even gained half a pound one week! But this last week I lost 7.8 pounds.

Also, go ahead and add in exercise. It doesn't have to be a lot. I attribute that, plus adding a lot of water and changing my protein type to increasing the loss. I do 15 minutes every Monday and Friday: 75 two arm kettlebells, 30 single on each arm and 10 solid pushups.
Marcus

Postby SuperRob » January 24th, 2011, 12:11 pm

Almost all of my gains I've been able to track back to sodium, so much that week three was pretty much a wash. Focused on being a bit more "restrained" this cheat day, and only gained 1lb. I made sure when I shopped for this week, I focused on lower-sodium options whenever one was available. Should cut my sodium significantly, and this week I'll also keep an eye on my water intake. Should be a good week!
Weight Lost since January 1, 2011: 14.6 lbs.
Inches Lost since January 1, 2011: 7.5 in.
http://dailyburn.com/locker_room/superrob
SuperRob

Postby jnickell » January 24th, 2011, 12:48 pm

Ymees wrote:I'm a big fan of the protein shake in the morning. It's something I can have while getting the kids and wife ready for work/school in the morning. After they are off, I fix myself a proper breakfast. Typically eggs, beans, and veggies.

What kind of shakes are you drinking? Are they from powder or premix? I have found some of the premix to be pretty bad and have a lot of lactose. You might even try going for a plain powder with as little in it as possible. Mix it with ice and water - not milk. The ice may help with your metabolism first thing in the morning.
jnickell

Postby Lokki » January 24th, 2011, 3:31 pm

Just a quick update.

I gained 2 lbs on Saturday (cheat day), On Saturday I started drinking more water. And being more careful with Sodium (Addicted to Truffle Salt).

This morning (Monday) the cheat day gains were gone. (these were taking 3-4 days to disappear)

I though I was drinking enough water (since I was drinking more water than before), but I guess it was not enough.

Hope to see more change Tomorrow
Lokki

Postby Rock Star Chef » January 25th, 2011, 10:08 pm

You are doing great!

Don't get discouraged with the process...remember the "weight" you see on the scale is only one part of the equation. As you start to add exercise to your program, you body composition will change and you could possibly weigh the same, but would've lost inches on your body.

You did remember to take measurements before starting the program right? :D

For some recipe inspiration, I have created some "How To's" for the community at my youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/chefmarkgarcia
Rock Star Chef

Previous

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors