Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

meal in the morning

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Re: meal in the morning

Postby kBerg » April 15th, 2011, 9:22 pm

I pretty much hate eggs (just barely tolerate them for this diet) so recently I have taken to eating left over dinner protein for breakfast (i.e. chicken, beef, or even salmon). I'm much happier and actually much thinner since making this change as it increased my protein for the a.m. If it's leftovers like mine then it won't take any time to prep and eat.
kBerg

Postby Taylor92 » April 15th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Instead of a shake, I have a Think Thin protein bar first thing in the morning. Think Thin bars have 20g protein, 0g sugar, and 24g carbs. (I recommend the Chunky Peanut Butter flavor).
Taylor92

Postby ParrotHead » April 16th, 2011, 4:55 am

How long after you eat the protein bar until you get hungry again? Are you able to make it to lunch?

Anything in the bar non-4HB/SCD friendly?
ParrotHead

Postby Taylor92 » April 16th, 2011, 10:22 am

Parrothead, Regarding the Think Thin Bar in the morning, I usually have one or two hard boiled eggs later. Very easy to make it to lunch without feeling hungry.

Think Thin bars fit the general guidelines of 4HB, but potential issues are: (1) even though 0g sugar, they contain sugar alcohols; (2) they have soy protein.

Otherwise, they have been a big convenience and have not stalled weight loss.
Taylor92

Postby EzyAction » April 17th, 2011, 12:10 pm

I've seen in a couple of places where Ferriss recommends the ready to drink Myoplex shakes as a good place to start. They have 42 grams of protien and taste pretty good. I keep a few around in case something happens and I can't make breakfast. I use them as a last resort. It's hard to beat the benefits of a good breakfast. It takes me about 12 mins to prepare a breakfast with 44 grams of protien so I get up 15 mins earlier every morning. Not hard. You just have to commit and then it becomes your daily routine. Hope that helps.
EzyAction

Postby alexJ » April 17th, 2011, 1:53 pm

I actually do the exact same thing! I always have a box of pre-made Myoplex protein shakes, as well as a tub of Whey protein incase I need to travel (throw a protein shake in the suitcase) or if I am totally slammed with school/finals.

I think you should force yourself into eating eggs in the morning if you're having trouble with the morning protein. Eggs are really cheap, delicious, and a staple of the slow carb diet.
5' 10'' - 21 y/o - Seattle, WA
4HB Progress: 28 pounds down since January
alexJ
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Postby anthergill » April 26th, 2011, 2:32 am

As we all are aware that have the good and the healthy meal in the morning is good for the health as it is necessary for the growth and for the development of the body.Your meal should be full of energy,vitamin, protein and other sources of energy.
anthergill

Postby bobrandklev » April 26th, 2011, 8:32 am

What works for me is pre-making 7 breakfast dishes each week.

I purchased 12 of the Pyrex 2 cup bowls (you only need 7 for breakfast) http://LifeIsTooBusy.com/pyrex6 (don't heat foods in plastic containers)

On Wednesday nights I take 21 eggs (3 per day) and remove 14 yolks then 7 with yolks into a big bowl. Add some salt/pepper and crushed red pepper flakes and stir till mixed. So I have a 21 egg "slurry."

Next I pour an equal amount of eggs in each of 7 bowls. Next add 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/2 cup (or a little more) of beans (lentil, kidney, black mix it up week to week)

Finally I take a spoon and quick mix the ingredients individually and microwave them for 2 minutes to start the cooking but not fully cook them.

Next the go in the bottom draw of my fridge and I get up each morning, start drinking 500ml of ice water and my AGG, make coffee and put one breakfast in the microwave for 2 minutes. Next go take a cold shower.

By the time I get back the hot breakfast is ready to go and with a little hot sauce for spice tastes great! Awesome after a cold shower!

I haven't done this for lunch or dinner and it would be hard to pre-package everything but for a few months to lose a lot of fat it's well worth it!
5-11, 45 y/o male
July 2010: 235lbs
July 2011: 212lbs
Loss to date: 25lbs
4.5 inches from belly

Need a vacation? Make a living.. living! http://GettingAnswers.com/4hb
bobrandklev

Postby dankster » April 26th, 2011, 2:46 pm

i agree with the prep it beforehand method.

i dont mind monotony so i keep it simple.

to prepare for the week i:
hardboil 2 dozen organic cage free eggs and keep them in the fridge.
open about 4 cans of ready to eat organic black beans (from trader joes) strain and store in large tupperware.
open a bag of organic frozen chopped and loose spinach (from trader joes)

pour about a 3/4 of a cup of spinach into a plastic container cook for 2 mins.
after the spinach is ready, put the beans in the container and cover the lid so they get warmed.

then i scarf it down with my 3 eggs
dankster

Postby tim_1522 » May 2nd, 2011, 6:45 pm

Here's what I do:

1) I keep at least one bag (1lb dry) of cooked lentils on hand at all times. I cook them in the evening when I see I'm getting low -- easy enough to do when I'm doing the 30min ice pack.
2) I cook several chicken breasts ahead of time and then dice them up and store in the frig. Usually, I get 2 packages at ~6lbs each every week. I cook one right away and leave the other uncooked for when I have time to cook fresh (really prefer fresh cooked, but sometimes just don't have time)
3) Ahead of time, I put the correct amount of lentils, spinach, and chicken in a container for a breakfast.
4) At waking time, I turn the heat on the skillet (left on the stove the night before, ready to go), grab the chicken/spinach/lentil mixture from the frig, measure out 2 eggs worth of pourable egg whites, crack 2 more whole eggs into the same measuring cup, then whisk, then add Macadamia Nut Oil to the pan. Pour eggs into pan, then all the other goodies. Rinse the containers while the eggs start to cook, grab a plate. Start scooping out the eggs as soon as they are cooked to my liking.

I can go from bed to breakfast on my plate in <10 minutes. At least 50g of protein, too!
tim_1522

PreviousNext

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors