Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Is there an alternative to Athletic Greens?

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Postby detroit » March 16th, 2011, 5:12 pm

I was considering adding Athletic Greens to my 4HB diet instead of a multivitamin, but AGs seem really expensive. Does anyone know of an alternative to AGs that has the same effect?
detroit

Re: Is there an alternative to Athletic Greens?

Postby huy1224 » March 16th, 2011, 11:13 pm

Hi detroit, how long have you been on the diet?

I am now 4 days complete. I only wanted to give this diet a try for a month, but I wanted to give as close to 100% as possible for the month. Like you, i thought Athletic Greens was a bit pricey. Based on amazon reviews, I ordered Green Vibrance, which seems to be a similar product?

http://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-Health-Green-Vibrance-Family/dp/B000NDME6C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300334917&sr=8-1

I actually just ordered it a few hours ago, so I dont have any feedback for you, but it seems like a decent alternative. I'll let you know how it goes once I try it this weekend!

Good luck with your diet!
huy1224

Postby dasein1959 » March 17th, 2011, 7:48 am

I do super green from trader joes and a multi vit, both incredibly less expensive than athletic greens; may not have it all but certainly most
dasein1959

Postby johnston » March 17th, 2011, 8:31 am

dasein1959 wrote:I do super green from trader joes and a multi vit, both incredibly less expensive than athletic greens; may not have it all but certainly most

When it comes to vitamins & other powders, you usually get what you pay for. Not to say that your stuff is bad or that athletic greens is somehow good but that little common sense holds well with supplements. Personally I'm using Green Vibrance which is very similar to athletic greens but less TV shopping channel. Especially with cheap multivitamins the package may say you get lot's of stuff in one pill but its been made in a way that your body can't absorb it very well or it's full of fillers. In worst case scenario it will contain nice stuff like arsenic and other very harmful chemicals like the consumer report's research exposed few weeks back.
johnston

Postby detroit » March 17th, 2011, 9:17 am

Thank you all for your feedback. By chance, have any of you tried both Athletic Greens AND Green Vibrance? If so, notice any difference between the two?
detroit

Postby detroit » March 17th, 2011, 9:19 am

huy1224 wrote:I'll let you know how it goes once I try it this weekend!

I'm interested to read about your experience with the product. Please let us know how it goes.
detroit

Postby Deb123 » March 17th, 2011, 10:20 am

What is it the Athletic Greens does? Specifically, does it help with elimination like fiber?
Deb123

Postby dankster » March 17th, 2011, 11:25 am

i have a similar question: is it better for the SCD to eliminate food from the body (pooing) faster and more often?

as far as i read from the book, the only time tim takes athletic greens is on his cheat day to help eliminate faster.

should the athletic greens be taken every day??
dankster

Postby TravisB » March 17th, 2011, 7:26 pm

"By chance, have any of you tried both Athletic Greens AND Green Vibrance?"

I have. The main difference is that Green Vibrance tastes HORRIBLE.

I didn't even realize how good Athletic Greens tasted until I tried Green Vibrance. For the 40 days or so that I was consuming Athletic Greens every morning, I never missed a dose. But my AG ran out four days ago, and I got Green Vibrance from Amazon to give it a shot. After three days, this morning I just couldn't do it. I started gagging just from THINKING about swallowing that crap.

I still think Athletic Greens' marketing is so tacky and suspicious that I do want to avoid buying AG again. A friend of mine who knows green foods and has tried both AG and GV was deeply suspicious of the AG label. He couldn't see how it could be so sweet and not have higher carbs than listed.

But I don't know if I'll be able to swallow Green Vibrance.
TravisB

Postby Punchy » March 17th, 2011, 10:07 pm

I just started using green vibrance. I couldn't justify the cost of athletic green and the difficulty of doing a true ingredient to ingredient comparison. If you find green vibrance difficult to swallow you can add a touch of stevia (pure form w/ no fillers). Even my 7 year old that has a sweet tooth will drink it down in this method.

Right now I am taking it twice a day since Saturday to help normalize my digestive system due to a bad cold from a month ago my digestive became constipated. Now I am back to normal thanks to green vibrance.
5' 11" 43yo Male
Started SCD December 20th, 2010 - Weight 242 @ 169.5" - Waist 42"
June 16th, 2011 - Weight 181.4 @ 142" - Waist 34.5"

Started PAGG on Cheat Days beginning April 14th (Friday PM - Sunday AM)
Punchy

Next

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors