Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

GLUT-4 Exercises

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

GLUT-4 Exercises

Postby OneLifeStand » January 12th, 2011, 10:03 am

A simple question, but one that has been picking at my brain since I read about the GLUT-4 binge day pre-meal exercises.

Air Squats and Band Pulls make sense to me, as they are the most effective and efficient exercises for targeting those body parts on the go.

However, why not traditional pushups over the wall pushups. I just don't get it.

Is this simply to account for people who can't do pushups? I see no reason not to do the real thing if possible...
OneLifeStand

Re: GLUT-4 Exercises

Postby SuperRob » January 12th, 2011, 11:57 am

Likely because if you were doing these at a restaurant (remember, he recommends eating out on your cheat day), you may not want to do pushups on a bathroom floor. ;)
Weight Lost since January 1, 2011: 14.6 lbs.
Inches Lost since January 1, 2011: 7.5 in.
http://dailyburn.com/locker_room/superrob
SuperRob

Re: GLUT-4 Exercises

Postby RobbieC » January 12th, 2011, 1:14 pm

@OneLifeStand - I initially thought the same thing, and figured I'd just do traditional push ups instead. And then, standing in the fitness center at our office (where I do my GLUT-4 exercises before lunch, I realized that I didn't want to drop down for push ups onto the dirty floor wearing my clean work clothes.

At home, I'm doing regular push ups or ring push ups instead.
Trying to live a life extraordinary.
Rob's 4-Hour Body
UrbanGrounds (Note: My political blog with strong Conservative bent)
RobbieC

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors