Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Reasons why I plateaued

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Reasons why I plateaued

Postby sebby » May 4th, 2012, 11:08 am

Hi people
From my previous post I had. The chance to take a closer look at my diet
The first week I lost 2,5kgs, the 2nd I lost 2kgs and this week I just lost 1, now, of course is not measured with any tool except for a scale, but I think this small loss compared to the beginning results could be simplified in those critical factors:
I used snack bars while traveling instead of 5 almonds, I'm absolutely sugar free and when I took them I felt immediately the glycogen rush, I felt like galvanized and after 2/3 minutes this effect passed, so it's totally a food to avoid.
On binge day I exaggerated, I took too many food calories without doing any kind of exercise and I had a lot of cola ( with a lot of calories and sugar) I measured my weight and I didn't lost a gram for 4 days...but on Saturday I really went nuts :)
I didn't took enough fats in my diet, now I implemented salmon and walnut butter on a celery stick before bed.
I'm not a real fan of not counting calories but more or less I double check the veggies I eat with the meat I eat ( with chicken breast I use potatoes when I feel a bit down) but with salmon I just use broccolis
Also, I didn't slept well in the previous week and I'm a huge believer that this affected the current week, I think that the previous errors ruined one week and 1 kg lost it's the minimum amount lost if you do something wrong and skip critical key factors like 8 hrs of sleep
Also, thanks to justhamade, I will also make air squats prior to dinner

You guys had plateaued before?
sebby

Re: Reasons why I plateaued

Postby justhamade » May 4th, 2012, 1:31 pm

Great self analysis Sebby
sebby wrote:glycogen rush
Small detail but glycogen probably isn't the right term here, glycogen is the storage form of glucose.
"Glycogen forms an energy reserve that can be quickly mobilized to meet a sudden need for glucose" So glucose rush or just sugar rush would be better. Not trying to nit pick but help.

sebby wrote:Also, thanks to justhamade, I will also make air squats prior to dinner
More important on rest days. If you are working out that day then not really needed.

sebby wrote:You guys had plateaued before?
Everyone plateaus at some point. Your body adjusts, some call it 'set point'. It is a good idea to change things up every month or two too keep your progress going.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby sebby » May 5th, 2012, 12:48 pm

I can Also say that in 2 hrs i will have my last meal for 16 hours... Let's see this fasting thing ;)
sebby

Postby sandman369 » May 5th, 2012, 1:06 pm

I too plateaued recently, probably due to overdoing cheat days and not much exercise in general. I am remedying both those and we'll see how it goes!
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors