Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Female success on the 4HB plan!

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Re: Female success on the 4HB plan!

Postby justhamade » May 9th, 2012, 7:08 pm

Gen2800 wrote:exception of some cheese (shredded or parm)and lite sour cream to spice up meals.
I think you are answering your own question right here.

Gen2800 wrote:Focused on Veggies, Beans, and Protein (mostly chicken).
Eating protein that has more fat will help.
Gen2800 wrote:Another cheat: a couple of pieces of dark chocolate at night sometimes.
If chocolate is 80% or more then this is usually ok.
Gen2800 wrote:Body Fat Lost: .6% - most disappointed about this. . .
My guess is that you are using a biometric impedance device? These are not very accurate at all. I am guessing by your inches lost that you lost much more bf than that. My scales says I am still > 20%bf but a real test with ultrasound says im <14%.

Gen2800 wrote:I'll keep everyone updated. I'm trying to be stricter on the diet avoid cheese and diet coke and chocolate and see how that helps me this week. I've also started incorporating Pilates into my routine 1 x a week.

If you are/were a diet soda drinker I highly recommend a pro biotic and digestive enzyme supplement. You gut bacteria is probably not very healthy which is bad for fat loss. See http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Articles ... y_Fat.aspx
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby Gen2800 » May 9th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Ok - next 2 weeks I will cut out cheese competely as well as diet coke and see how that changes my results an update stats on here.

I was using the weight watchers scale for my BF %.

I've been taking probiotics since the start of the diet, once every morning. Do I need to add prebiotics?

Thanks for your help!
Gen2800

Postby arrimapirate » May 10th, 2012, 12:14 pm

have been on for about 10 days & have lost about 3 lbs with barely any exercise. i'm still snacking on cheese, though, so i'll ween myself off that soon lol. i think i'm still snacking because my breakfast & lunch aren't big enough. or maybe i need to add that 2nd lunch. my next biggest weakness is diet soda -it really helps me get through the sweet cravings. idk if i can give that up :)
arrimapirate

Postby sandman369 » May 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm

I found when I first started I still had the sweet cravings and was drinking diet pop. Then I started adding in more natural fats to my diet and cravings dwindled. Now after almost 3 months on the diet, I've "evolved" to only 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner), and I don't get hungry or cravings in between, because they're both high in natural fats and protein.

Eliminate one thing at a time for a week each, and it will be easy. E.g. for this week stop eating cheese but don't worry if you can't cut out diet pop yet. Do that the week after. Repeat for any other cheats you may have.

Oh, and drinking more water will also help cut down cravings and snacking. I drink lots and lots of tea and water.
25 y.o. male / 6' tall
Start: Feb 13, 2012 / Weight: 201 lbs / TI (chest, around navel, hips, both thighs): 168"
1 month: 194 lbs / 164.4"
10 weeks: 185.6 lbs / 157"
15 weeks: 183 lbs / 153.9"
4 months: 180 lbs / 153"
sandman369

Postby justhamade » May 11th, 2012, 1:44 am

arrimapirate wrote:my next biggest weakness is diet soda -it really helps me get through the sweet cravings. idk if i can give that up :)
What if they are causing your sweet cravings? Bit of a catch 22 there.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby Gen2800 » May 11th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Best thing you can do it try eliminating things one week at time after getting the basics. I would do the diet to the best of your ability and then once you really have the hang of it, try one diet soda every other day and then just 2 a week. . . that's what I am doing and its working...
Gen2800

Postby Neenz » May 12th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Okay, I am giving this a serious go and am one month (+) into it. I am a 47 year old female with 20 pounds to lose to get to my “happy place”. I seemed to have gained them shortly after getting married and they refuse to leave. That was 15 years ago! I do not have a “sweet tooth” or a “junk food” habit, I just like to cook/bake and eat good food (mostly Italian and French). I live an active lifestyle. The only success I’ve had recently with weight reduction took 2 hours a day, 5 days a week at the gym for three months. One hour cardio, one hour weight training. Sure I looked great but, that’s a lot of work! And who has that much “me” time anyway? So, after one month on this “new way of life”, results are slow (compared to my husband) but I understand the male/female difference there. Hanging in. One problem has been that I have hypothyroid (under active thyroid) and with this totally “new” concept of eating first thing in the a.m., I have forgotten to take my med more than 90% of mornings before eating so I don’t. Now setting a reminder on my phone to do so. Outside of that, my biggest detriment is my love of good, I mean good, red wine. I usually have four glasses as opposed to two. Outside of that, following this program has been fairly easy although sometimes I feel like all I do is eat, dishes, shop, cook, eat, dishes, cook, eat, dishes, shop. I don’t think I ever ate so much as I do now? Today, Saturday, is our cheat day and I love it! We never ate so much junk before! Breakfast was cappuccino, chocolate chip cookies then crab quiche. Lunch, risotto with swordfish and artichoke. Dinner, pizza, cocktails and later, ice cream and strawberries. I’m a little nervous about tomorrow! I just want to add something about cappuccino... For the first three weeks, I did black coffee with cinnamon, on occasion a tablespoon of cream. I’m over it... I’m having my cappuccino in the morning, 2% milk, sure with cinnamon. Here’s where I was and where I am, scale and bust, arm, waist, thigh measurements only, no fat calipers: Start: April 9, Weight 173 May 12, Weight 167.4. So minus 5.9 pounds and 5 inches. I feel great on this diet, clean eating, plenty of energy, no hunger in between meals and sleep okay. Today after eating all these carbs... I need a nap.
Neenz

Postby justhamade » May 13th, 2012, 1:30 am

Neenz wrote:For the first three weeks, I did black coffee with cinnamon, on occasion a tablespoon of cream. I’m over it... I’m having my cappuccino in the morning, 2% milk, sure with cinnamon.
Why 2% milk instead of cream? Cream is much better for you and tastes much better too.

Take a look at bulletproof coffee. It is pretty awesome http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-m ... rning-too/
--
justhamade

Postby Neenz » May 13th, 2012, 9:41 am

Hi, do you know how hard it is to get a tablespoon of cream to foam up? :D If you think it would make that big of a difference to sub 1/4 cup of cream for 2% milk, I"ll try it. I guess my point was, doing everything else to the letter, the black coffee and a tablespoon of cream wasn't cutting it. I was looking for a small change that would make this more realistic for me in the long term. Again, if you think its going to make a big difference, I'll run with it.

Things I forgot to mention in first post: I supplement with multi's, glucosamine, D3, fish oil, probiotics, potassium and Cal/Mag. And, my height is 5'9".

Thanks for the support!

Neenz
Neenz

Postby justhamade » May 18th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Neenz wrote:Hi, do you know how hard it is to get a tablespoon of cream to foam up?
Nope, but if texture of cream is your priority then not sure how well you will do with fat loss.

I like this quote from the whole9 http://whole9life.com/2012/01/whole-30-v2012/

It is not hard. Don’t you dare tell us this is hard. Quitting heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Drinking your coffee black. Is. Not. Hard. You won’t get any coddling, and you won’t get any sympathy for your “struggles”. YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE not to complete the program as written. It’s only thirty days, and it’s for the most important health cause on earth – the only physical body you will ever have in this lifetime.
Neenz wrote:Things I forgot to mention in first post: I supplement with multi's, glucosamine, D3, fish oil, probiotics, potassium and Cal/Mag. And, my height is 5'9".
Multi's are pretty useless see http://chriskresser.com/throw-away-your ... tioxidants

Fish oil should be feremented see http://chriskresser.com/when-it-comes-t ... not-better

If diet is good then make sure sleep is good too. 9+ hour pitch black room.

Good Luck
--
justhamade

PreviousNext

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors