Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Female success on the 4HB plan!

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Female success on the 4HB plan!

Postby lesliejo » January 27th, 2011, 9:57 am

ATTENTION ALL FEMALES!!! PLEASE RESPOND IF YOU HAVE BEEN ON THE 4HB DIET FOR AT LEAST 2 MONTHS! I have been on several different 4HB sites and I am seeing a common theme which does concern me a bit. Females seem to not be near as successful or lose as much weight on this diet as our male counterparts! I am aware that our fat/muscle ratio and hormones influence weight loss quite a bit but I would be much more encouraged to see successful comments from more women. Specifically, from women who have been on the diet at least 2 months. Thanks!
lesliejo

Re: Female success on the 4HB plan!

Postby lesliejo » January 27th, 2011, 4:45 pm

Wow! 45 views and not one single reply from any women!
lesliejo

Postby mmayrand » January 27th, 2011, 4:46 pm

ive only been on it for 4 days. sorry
mmayrand

Postby Eva M. » January 27th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Im wondering if this is because noone has
a) been on for more than 2 months (it is the 30 day plan, right?) or
b) women are not seeing good results ( i fall into that category....)

I have been on for 2 weeks, and have lost 2 pounds... Frustration...
Eva M.

Postby byrdiblack » January 27th, 2011, 5:04 pm

I posted a similar thread a couple days ago, and it's true..I've yet to find one female success story of someone who has been on the diet for 4-6 weeks. I think mostly this is due to the diet being relatively new...I myself am about to finish week 4 and have seen minimal results (3-4 lbs, up and down the scale over and over, no inch changes).

I don't want to give up, so I plan on continuing for at least 3 more weeks, and just this week I've incorporated a workout plan as well.
byrdiblack

Postby CallMeAl82 » January 27th, 2011, 6:38 pm

I've had success with SCD in the past (after reading Tim's blog a couple of years ago), but I wasn't measuring results or doing it over a long period of time (I think I did it for three weeks and lost 7 lbs). Now, I'm starting Week 4 and tracking weight and measurement (not bodyfat, though I know where I started and where I am, having stepped on a tanita scale when available, but won't focus on those results). I'm happy to let people know how I'm doing, what I'm eating, and what changes I make along the way, but feel like I'm not quite ready to share until I pass this coming week. I'll just say that I feel better, clothes fit better, and it's something that I know has improved my overall health, even if I'm not seeing the drastic results that a lot of the men are sharing.
CallMeAl82

Postby JL47 » January 27th, 2011, 7:33 pm

This thread is disheartening. But I plan to stick with it and see what happens. I wish I could give you a success story, but I have only been on the plan for nine days. I will stay posted.
5'2 25 y/o Female
Start 1/19/11: 130
1/28/11: 124
2/4/11: 124
2/11/11: 123
2/25/11: 120
JL47

Postby ssandra » January 27th, 2011, 8:01 pm

I've only been on it for 5 days so I cannot comment on it yet. I'll post however when it is Saturday, which is my official weight day.

I do have a good friend who's been doing it for a few weeks (5 or 6 I think) and she reports that she's lost about 8 pounds, but more specifically, that she has lost inches and just in general feels leaner and more energized.

I think that are important points to consider as well. Do you feel like you have enough energy on this diet? Do you feel satisfied? do you feel healthy and good?
ssandra

Postby TheMindOfButton » January 27th, 2011, 10:09 pm

I've been on it a month an am down 10lbs. Between week 2 and 4 (until yesterday) I was stalled. My plan is to stick with it for at least 2 months, really giving my body the opportunity to acclimate. Also, the diet isn't hard at all. It's the easiest eating plan I've ever come across and totally sustainable. At the conclusion of it, if I haven't had any more success, I'll be adding back in small portions of raw/organic dairy, and perhaps steel cut oats.

If you're eating peanut butter or almond butter every day, cut it out. Same with nuts. I have a hypothesis that the fat in them is simply too high for all women to take in their bodies. Also, if you have less than 20 lbs till your goal weight, I think the weight loss will be slow going.

I recently started taking soluble fiber (no wheat/gluten/sugar/totally organic) with whey protein and almond milk in the morning. I suspect that this diet slows down the digestive system a bit, and elimination=fat loss. It's how fat gets out of your body, of course.
TheMindOfButton

Postby cummings100 » January 27th, 2011, 10:25 pm

Only 5 days as well. No weight loss and actually think I have gained an inch on my waist :( I will stick with it and see what happens.
cummings100

Next

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors