Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Calorie Intake

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Calorie Intake

Postby noexcuses » July 18th, 2011, 7:53 am

I know that Tim says that counting calories isn't necessary, but I have not been able to lose any weight or body fat so I thought I would take another look at my calories. I'm consuming so much more calories with this way of eating than I ever have. But if I lower my calorie intake, I won't be able to reach my protein goal. Should I just take in less protein?

Here is a typical day:
Bfast: 3 scrambled eggs w/spinach cooked in coconut oil with 4 pieces of homemade turkey sausage (about 4 oz). 700cal, 41g prot
Lunch: Green salad including lettuce, baby spinach & zucchini with olive oil & vinegar dressing. Topped with either shredded chicken or canned salmon. approx 500 cal, 31g protein
Dinner: Grass fed beef (8 oz), steamed veggies (either cauliflower or broccoli, sometimes avocado) approx 750 cal, 60g prot

I am 40 year old female, 5'3", 127 lbs, 26% BF. I am moderately active, doing kettlebell swings 3x/week and have been on the SCD for 4 weeks.

Any thoughts?
noexcuses

Re: Calorie Intake

Postby terryhickey » July 18th, 2011, 8:54 am

I think you are on to something. The fact that you are able to eat that much and not gain weight proves the diet. However, I am a 30 year old male, 195 lbs and I eat less than that calorie and protein wise. Typically I lose 1-2 lbs a week when I follow the diet and exercise 6 days a week.

My suggestions - go down to 1 egg in the morning and drop the beef slightly.
terryhickey

Postby jemimah » July 18th, 2011, 9:57 am

If you go with 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, you'd only need 97 grams per day.
jemimah

Postby kBerg » July 18th, 2011, 12:22 pm

I would suggest keeping your morning meal but making it one whole egg with two egg whites. It cuts the calories by about 150 but keeps the protein the same.

With women this diet takes longer. I didn't see a single lb of loss until week 4. Tim said in a blog post that for some reason women age 40ish who've had kids typically don't see results until weeks 4-6. He doesn't know why. By reading this site, I can tell you that it extends to a larger portion of the female population, not just 40ish with kids.
kBerg

Postby justhamade » July 18th, 2011, 1:10 pm

jemimah wrote:If you go with 1 gram of protein per pound of lean body mass, you'd only need 97 grams per day.

I was going to say the same thing. That is a lot of food for someone your size, I think you eat more than me and I'm a 155lb male at 12% bf.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby Tom4HBE » July 18th, 2011, 6:02 pm

First I'd like to say that's a very good day of eating. Especially the grass fed beef.

I'd say if you aren't hungry at the end of the day, you shouldn't eat more. That's just one way of thinking about it, it might not be the best way but it's served me well.
Tom4HBE

Postby losmittie » July 20th, 2011, 10:58 pm

I must be doing something wrong because that does not seem like a lot of food to me at all. You guys eat LESS than that?
losmittie

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors