Board index Subtracting Fat

Subtracting Fat

Ice Age

Questions and recipes related to The Slow Carb Diet and the supplements discussed in the book (PAGG)

Ice Age

Postby ChubbyBunny » January 23rd, 2011, 1:48 pm

So after figuring out why the ice pack on the neck works :geek: , I was curious if anyone has started experimenting with it and was willing to share the results... :?:

Thanks in advance.

-Chubbstir
ChubbyBunny

Re: Ice Age

Postby ShawnB23 » January 26th, 2011, 12:38 pm

I've tried it sporadically, so I don't really have any concrete evidence that it works. I'll try to keep some stats for the next week and report back, but I can't promise anything.

It's just too cold in the midwest in January to strap some ice to your back, weight loss be damned. :)
ShawnB23

Postby bob » January 26th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I am also interested in hearing stories, good and bad, about this. It is freezing here right now so I am cold enough as is, no way I am going to attempt this as of this post. But in the summer I might give it a whirl.
bob

Postby zenlc » January 26th, 2011, 2:03 pm

There's a whole bunch of people messing with it, as well as a lot more knowledge than is in Tim's book. Check out the info at Ray Cronise's site: http://hypothermics.com/. You have to sign up to see all the blog entries but it is free and lots of good info.
zenlc

Postby jnickell » January 26th, 2011, 4:48 pm

I've been doing it along with the brutal cold showers twice a day and the 500ml of ice water in the morning. I've seen great results, but that includes switching to the slow carb diet and PAGG. Thus, I can't separate out the effects of just the cold treatments. I would say that my cold tolerance is greatly improved and I was a cold wus, but that has no real benefit. One mental benefit at least with me is commitment. If I put myself through the hell that is ice cold showers, then I'm dang sure not screwing it up by eating wrong! Check out the website recommended by @zenic there is tons of good info there also.
jnickell

Return to Subtracting Fat

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors