Board index Progress Logs

Progress Logs

My 4HB Log

Create a log of your progress so others can see how you are doing and keep you motivated

Re: My 4HB Log

Postby brianjg » August 14th, 2011, 1:13 pm

Just a quick one. Today was tough after cheat day. I went for lunch with my extended family and did OK ordering just a meal with meat and veg but then it got hard. Trays of snacks were laid out, drinks, etc. I stuck it out as much as I could but did cheat with a cup of tea with milk and sugar. Really seems to struggle today. Off for a cold shower and ice pack.

Hopefuly tomorrow is better. :|
brianjg

Postby FMFBlogger » August 15th, 2011, 5:24 am

I think you did better than I would have! It's the worst when you plan well and show solidarity when you order your food, and then after that things get put in front of you that you had no control over. That's always really hard for me to deal with, especially if everyone else is eating and I'm not.

But you held firm and only had some cream and sugar in your coffee. Don't beat yourself up over that. You showed a lot of restraint!

-j
---------------------------------
Fitness isn't a race, it's a journey.
Check out my Slow-carb recipes!
Twitter: FMFBlogger
Facebook: Finding My Fitness
My Progress Log on 4HBT
FMFBlogger
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Referrals: 333

Postby brianjg » August 20th, 2011, 3:48 am

So another week down. I've lost 1KG (2.2lbs) and a noticable change in my waist/hips. My thigh & calf went up but my legs have always been very musclular so not a major issue.

I know it's wrong but I'd like to be seeing a higher KG/lbs difference on the scales. I re-added the ice packs and showers but they seemed to have little difference.

I had been eating sweetcorn (which I now know isn't allowed) so taking this out should improve next weeks results.

Anyway stats are here http://goo.gl/EPNGs and I'm off to binge! :twisted:
brianjg

Postby brianjg » August 27th, 2011, 3:00 am

Houston, can you read me? We have a problem, :(

I'm just fed up now with this weeks results. Half a kilo (1.1lb) and very little change in inches. I did everything I was supposed to, cold showers, ice packs, no corn, PAGG, etc and this is it? :?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but its always been at this weight that I've hit my wall. I've never been able to get under 83.5kg even when I was competing in BJJ. I really had pinned my hopes on 4HB to get me below that and fast. I feel now all I've lost was my holiday weight which would have come off on my normal diet anyway.

I know I'm probably jumping the gun and this is just a rant but you've got to vent somewhere, right? I'd committed to giving the 4HB 2 months from the start and I'm going to see it through at the very least. I just really hope this isn't another plateau...... :| Now off to binge even if I feel like I don't deserve it.

Stats; http://goo.gl/EPNGs
brianjg

Postby brianjg » September 3rd, 2011, 2:13 am

Is that a wall I see before me? Yes it is, 83.6KG today which is a not even .5KG loss for the week.

One thing it could be is the creatine which is notorious for water retention & bloating. I started taking it last week as I was struggling during training.

The strange thing is I felt great during the week, really lean and strong. I do notice more muscle on my chest and arms/shoulders so I guess that's a good thing.

Anyway stats are here, http://goo.gl/EPNGs

Off to binge.
brianjg

Postby brianjg » September 9th, 2011, 10:36 am

Not much to report this week. Hardly any changes but I'm weighting in a day early as its my wifes birthday today so the weekend will be a washout.

I'm also going to start weighing in and cheat on Sundays. I prefer being back to my routine on Monday morning.

Stats again, http://goo.gl/EPNGs
brianjg

Postby brianjg » September 18th, 2011, 2:33 am

So time to report in again, another 1.3lbs down this week and some inches lost too. Overall I'm happy with this weeks progress given that I had a cheat weekend last week (wifes birthday). I haven't been this weight for over 10 years!!!

I also went along to the sports dept of the local university and got a fitness & lifestyle report done. They test you for VO2 max (45 which I was happy with), max jump measurements (vertical & horizontal), cholesterol (which 3.6, I was worried about this given the amount of eggs & red meat I was eating), BP, body fat and a whole range of performance things. They do have access to dexa & bodpod but I didn't want to go with these options yet.

He was very interested in the 4HB approach but did offer a few suggestions (more fish, less red meat, low GI fruit) which I may take on board. They also offer training advice to increase the VO2 max, etc. Their BF measurement % was also within 1% of my own scales at home which means its not lying to me anyway.

So stats are here, http://goo.gl/EPNGs and I'm off to binge. See ya next time, same fat time, same fat channel (for now!)
brianjg

Postby campbeji » September 18th, 2011, 7:18 pm

Hi Brianjg

I'm from Ireland too, just outside Belfast, where are you based? What was the university that was going to allow you access to the Dexa & Bodpod tests? I havn't found anywhere yet that has access for the public. What sort of costs were they charging?

Thanks
Jim
campbeji

Postby brianjg » September 19th, 2011, 5:20 am

Hi Jim,

I'm Cork, I know the Dublin university has dexa & podbod which would obviously be closer. There is a link here, http://goo.gl/INSvO

I paid 100€ for the tests I had done but next time it will be 120 which will include full bloods (hdl, ldl, testostorone, etc).

How are you getting on with 4HB?

Brian
brianjg

Postby campbeji » September 19th, 2011, 6:19 am

Hi Brian,

Thanks for that, I'll check out the link.

I'm just starting out with this, I just bought the book on Thursday last week. I would really like to get some of these tests done before I start just so I can see the progress. I'll hopefully be able to start in a week or two.

Thanks
Jim
campbeji

PreviousNext

Return to Progress Logs

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors