Board index Getting Stronger

Getting Stronger

Home-made Kettlebells

Topics related to breaking world records and adding 100 ponds to your bench press.

Re: Home-made Kettlebells

Postby lazlo » March 11th, 2011, 3:18 pm

You may also want to do a search for Hungarian Core blaster. Virtually the same thing. I made mine a few years ago and then forgot about it. When I started reading 4HB I realized I had one in the garage. Mine is a little longer than a standard kettlebell as I wanted to add a lot of weight while only using 10# plates.
lazlo

Postby 4hourlife » July 24th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Here is a place where I bought my 45 lb Kettlbell (in retrospect I should have gone lighter or been born heavier)! My wife leaves the room as I swing this, so do my kids... Anyway I bought from this website and they were adequately priced The best part free shipping and it came really fast. I was impressed. I just wished it had a wide grip, but that is what I get for being a cheapskate!!

Here is the link http://stores.neptunebarbell.com/-strse-9/45-lb-Kettlebell/Detail.bok
4hourlife

Postby ez2cy » August 2nd, 2012, 9:51 am

I'm in Canada and got the pieces from HomeHardware. I"m sure HomeDepot has the same as the book.

They are standard pieces. I just took in a copy of the lengths, handed it to the clerk and he got me the pieces.

Then handle, I used a lot of electrical tape over the threads on the end, then duct taped the whole handle.

Used it last nite for the first time, did 2x 35reps and it was fine.
ez2cy

Postby ashsteel » April 15th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Hi, Just thought I would give a quick heads up to anyone in the UK looking to make the T Bar adjustable kettlebell:

After much hunting I had to give up the quest on getting the parts - DIY, hardware shops and plumbers merchants only stock plastic piping over here. The only way I found was to get one fabricated by a civil merchants, if there's a small to medium sized one in your district then you can get it done for around £50, so I went for this one on amazon instead:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00B ... B00D1WA29I

It's under £20 and gets the job done, but the handle isn't large enough to get both of my hands around, so I have to leave the pinkies out. Also if you are using (crappy but cheaper) vinyl weights then you'll be buggered to get more than 20kg on it but with cast iron ones weights you're golden.
ashsteel

Previous

Return to Getting Stronger

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors