Board index Getting Stronger

Getting Stronger

Training for American Ninja Warrior (ANW)

Topics related to breaking world records and adding 100 ponds to your bench press.

Training for American Ninja Warrior (ANW)

Postby peruri » October 23rd, 2013, 11:51 pm

Thought it would be fun to try out for ANW. Not sure its doable; its a lofty goal for me, but I am trying.

I am doing a combination of rock climbing, gymnastics and some martial arts and yoga to train.

In terms of lifting, I am doing the effortless superhuman workout. Was doing 3 times a week, now doing 2x a week. I am sore after gymnastics so I felt I needed more time to recover and reduced the workout to 2x per week.

I am doing 95% of max 3 reps and 85% of max 5 reps with plyos and 5 min rest after each set as mentioned in 4HB. Doing this for bench press, deadlift and weighted pull ups and end with torture twist. I am making steady gains on deadlifts and on the pull ups. Totally stuck on bench press. Not improving.

Couple questions

1) What type of periodization should I use. I.e how long should I do this work out for? After 1-2 months should I switch to a different lifting routine? If so, what should I do
2) Any suggestions to modify this routine to improve grip strength? Thats what I need the most to try out for ANW
3) Any suggestions to get past my bench press plateau without gaining weight

Thanks!
peruri

Return to Getting Stronger

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors