Board index Getting Stronger

Getting Stronger

Yates Rows to failure 1x week + doing Effortless Superhuman?

Topics related to breaking world records and adding 100 ponds to your bench press.

Yates Rows to failure 1x week + doing Effortless Superhuman?

Postby kvasir » May 5th, 2013, 12:56 pm

I want to do the Effortless Superhuman protocol, but I want broad shoulders/arms from Occam's Protocol part too. Is it okay to do the Yate's Rows 7 reps to failure once a week while doing Effortless Superhuman?

Am I putting myself at increased risk of injury? Obviously this is done as the last part of the workout.
kvasir

Re: Yates Rows to failure 1x week + doing Effortless Superhu

Postby young92117 » August 26th, 2013, 12:05 am

I am no expert so take this as grain of salt. :) Unless you know what you are doing, I think it is better to not mixed the Ocami's method training and Effortless superhuman training.

Those two training method are based on different goal, hence, different training philosophy. Strength training (Effortless Superhuman) is quite different from bodybuilding (Ocami's) training.

yes, you will get strength gain from doing Ocami's training and you will build muscle by doing Effortless Superhuman training but those are just positive side effect not the intended result.

I think it might be possible that you get strength boost on certain lift by doing effortless superhuman type of training for that lift while you are trying to build muscle for some other part of body part. However, For that, I believe you have to carefully design your routine and you must know what you are doing. I think that is next to impossible if you are beginner.

If I were you, assuming you are beginner like me, I would stick to one type of training to focus on specific goal. Once that goal is achieved, move on to next goal and adjust your training method that is specific to your next goal.

I am currently trying to loose excessive fat and trying to improve my strength. I think, again I am no expert, it is not optimum to loose a lot of fat while you are trying to gain massive amount of muscle at the same time. So I put hold on Ocami's training until I achieve my goal (15% bf).
young92117

Re: Yates Rows to failure 1x week + doing Effortless Superhu

Postby Overeating » January 6th, 2015, 12:32 am

you will get strength gain from doing Ocami's training and you will build muscle by doing Effortless Superhuman training but those are just positive side effect not the intended result.
Join online ccna service provider and testking to pass 1Y0-A22 exam in first try. Our best quality click and Northwestern University guide you well for real exam.
Overeating

Return to Getting Stronger

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors