Running Faster and Farther

Any Rugby Players lurking?

Hacking the NFL Combine and ultraendurance.

Any Rugby Players lurking?

Postby atxtraveler » July 14th, 2011, 8:28 pm

I left my boots on the pitch a couple years ago when I had my first child (well, my wife did). Since hanging them up, I gained 42 lbs which I have lost now again (Thanks to HCG, VLCD, and now MED and possibly SCD soon).

I decided that because of this success, I want to reward myself by playing in my university alumni match on Labor Day.

Have any of you (regardless of playing rugby) built a MED plan to work on short burst speed, as well as long term endurance? A rugby match is two 40 minute halves, and within that 80 minutes, my position will run 6 miles in length, mostly in 10-15 yard sprints.

I am going to implement Tim's stretching and warm up routines in this chapter, where he was increasing his 40 time by training his "first ten". Has anyone set a goal to keep up the pace and endurance for multiple 10-20-40 yard paced sprints?

Any help would be great.
atxtraveler

Re: Any Rugby Players lurking?

Postby justhamade » July 17th, 2011, 4:35 am

I have transitioned from max capacity training here http://www.maxcapacitytraining.com/ to the crossfit football WODs here http://www.crossfitfootball.com/

Fotball and Rugby training should be pretty similar. I did play Rugby for a couple years as well when I was younger.
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby vatothe0 » February 8th, 2012, 1:09 am

I play rugby and just recently started the SCD. I just went back to training today and after jogging a lap and doing warm-ups, my energy was gone. I could barely get off the ground from a burpee.

I ate eggs, beans, peas, a bit of onion and a protein shake today and it left me with near zero energy for training.

Anyone know of a solution?
vatothe0

Postby justhamade » February 8th, 2012, 12:52 pm

vatothe0 wrote:I play rugby and just recently started the SCD. I just went back to training today and after jogging a lap and doing warm-ups, my energy was gone. I could barely get off the ground from a burpee.

I ate eggs, beans, peas, a bit of onion and a protein shake today and it left me with near zero energy for training.

Anyone know of a solution?

I am guessing you usually eat a lot of hight glycemic index carbs, and don't utilize fat as a fuel source very well.

You can try some fruit prior to training, high GI fruit like raisins are good because they digest fast and well fill your liver with some glycogen stores for your muscles to use.

You should need less as you progress and your body gets used to slow carb, and becomes 'fat adapted'
--
Need personalized help? Leave a comment at http://www.myfourhourbodydiary.com/help/
justhamade

Postby yagerbomb » March 5th, 2013, 11:53 pm

played ruby in college 10 years ago. Started SCD about a month ago losing weight slowly.
yagerbomb

Any Rugby Players lurking

Postby Lerakroxa » March 4th, 2016, 10:55 am

If youre going to get a guitar, you can post that here. Also feel free to post your dream guitars also.

Bass players are welcome too, as I primarily play my bass right now.
ЕСЛИ ЧТО-ТО НЕПОНЯТНО ВСЕГДА СМОТРИ СЮДА! BEST FRIEND HERE >>> CLICK
Lerakroxa

Postby GeorgeMiz » March 5th, 2016, 5:45 am

Just wondering if there are any Magic the Gathering Online MTGO players out there?
арбалет mxb 360 Сllon.ru - подарки и сувениры. Большой выбор, доступные цены. Доставка по Москве и МО.
GeorgeMiz

Postby GeraldThaf » March 5th, 2016, 5:08 pm

I havent heard anything about a hardware upgrade for the Surface 3s... anyone heard anything or have any good links??
GeraldThaf

Всем приветики

Postby Lerakroxa » March 12th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Да Да Да

P.S.:
ЕСЛИ ЧТО-ТО НЕПОНЯТНО ВСЕГДА СМОТРИ СЮДА!
BEST FRIEND HERE >>> CLICK
ЕСЛИ ЧТО-ТО НЕПОНЯТНО ВСЕГДА СМОТРИ СЮДА! BEST FRIEND HERE >>> CLICK
Lerakroxa

Postby Dimabeereesty » March 21st, 2016, 5:07 pm

in any of you seattle area peeps are lurking
Девушке просто повезло http://vk.cc/4QYc9K
Dimabeereesty

Return to Running Faster and Farther

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Sponsors